x

Moving Square online store to WooCommerce

I currently have several Square Online sites to sell memberships in an organization. We're in the process of building a new website using Wordpress and would like to sell the memberships from the new site using WooCommerce. I'm just barely beginning to understand WooCommerce, so my question is very basic. Will I need to build new stores in WooCommerce and just use Square for payments or can I somehow use the existing Square sites? I hope this makes sense.

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

HI @BRTAteacher 

So you could probably do this a couple different ways.  You could keep your square sites, and then either set up a  redirect or forwarding from your new WordPress site to your Square site for the membership purchases. 

The other option, would be to simply download the Square plugin for woocommerce so you can still use your Square account to accept payments, and I believe you can also sync inventory with that plugin. ( I only ever used it for payments when I was running a Wordpress site).  But the plugin description should give an explanation of what it can and can't do. 

It may be more end user friendly and less of a headache n the long run if you choose to go with the WordPress site and the Square plugin 

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

Best Answer

HI @BRTAteacher 

So you could probably do this a couple different ways.  You could keep your square sites, and then either set up a  redirect or forwarding from your new WordPress site to your Square site for the membership purchases. 

The other option, would be to simply download the Square plugin for woocommerce so you can still use your Square account to accept payments, and I believe you can also sync inventory with that plugin. ( I only ever used it for payments when I was running a Wordpress site).  But the plugin description should give an explanation of what it can and can't do. 

It may be more end user friendly and less of a headache n the long run if you choose to go with the WordPress site and the Square plugin 

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.

Message 2 of 2