x
Beta Member

Items that should not be on our Square Online store are being purchased

Hey all!! We have a retail store and sell our custom merchandise online via the Square Online website. However, a customer recently ordered some beer (which are are not licensed to ship) and another ordered some salsa from our grocery section. In the item details I do not have the option selected that says it will be sold online. That toggle is OFF. However, if a customer googles our store name and a certain product, it comes up for sale on our website.

The only way I can fix it is if I click on "Online Fulfillment Methods" and uncheck all options. Our library is really large so I would hate to have to go through each item and uncheck those boxes. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I only want the items that we SAY are available online to be available - and not everything in our library if correctly searched for on Google. I hope this all makes sense and thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hi @sadmonkeytx,

Thanks for flagging this! What you’ve described here doesn’t sound quite right.

There are a few things that could potentially be at play here, so I’ve been working to try to replicate the issue. However, if you could confirm your website URL and the exact name of the 2 items that you mentioned, it would allow me to look at it a little more closely with our engineers. 

Message 2 of 3
Square Champion

Oh that's super strange! I have had an issue with out-of-stock items suddenly getting in-stock- or old items that we have "zeroed out" coming back with inventory on their own- but I've never heard of this!

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 3 of 3