x

Items not showing up on Online site Category even though everything is checked

I can't figure out what is wrong with this listing. I didn't even realize it wasn't showing up until I went to post it in an ad and see that it doesn't appear under the Category I set for it - Arrangements
Visibility is set to Visible, quantities are there, shipping is set up (but that brings up another question - why can the customer choose local pickup when I have that checked?).

https://www.deesseboutique.com/product/face-planter-sola-wood-arrangement/118

Thanks, Angela

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @Deesseboutique

I have come up with some troubleshooting steps to try to get this item under the right category and with the correct fulfillment methods. 

For categories: 

1.) Go to your Square Online Dashboard 

2.) Click on "Items"

3.) Click "Site Categories"

4.) Click the correct category (In this case it would be arrangements)

5.) Double check that the item is in this category. If not, you can click "Choose Items" to add the item to this category. This should automatically reflect on your Square Online website, but be sure to double check. 

You can see more about adding items to online categories here

To make sure local pickup is an option for this item 

1.) Go to your Square Online Dashboard 

2.) Scroll down and click on "Fulfillment" 

3.) Choose "Pickup and Delivery"

4.) Make sure "Pickup" and "Delivery" are toggled on

5.) If not, toggle on and set up your preferences for pickup and delivery

You can see more about setting up fulfillment on Square online here

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions 😀

Applications to the Square Champions program are open! Apply here before October 14th!

Message 2 of 7

Yep, did all of those things before I posted.

Still can't figure it out.

Angela

Message 3 of 7

Hey @Deesseboutique, my apologies if I was not being clear beforehand. 

In order to manage fulfillment methods for your Square Online store, you will need to go to the Square Online dashboard. While there are some settings you can manage for Online in the POS Dashboard, there are also some settings that have to be managed in the Square Online Dashboard. To do that, 

1.) Click on the 3 horizontal lines in the top lefthand corner

2.) Scroll down to where it says "Online" - Click on "Online" NOT online sales channels

3.) A new welcome page will load 

4.) Scroll down to fulfillment 

5.) Choose "Pickup and Delivery" - this is where you will see the option to toggle these on and "set up location" 

This dashboard is where you can also fulfill the steps to make sure your item is in the correct site category. Click on "Items" and then "Site Categories". You will see all of your categories here. You can choose the arrangements category and then add the item here. 

Please let me know if these steps work. Make sure in the top left-hand corner it says "Online" next to the 3 lines when following these steps to set up your fulfillment methods.

Applications to the Square Champions program are open! Apply here before October 14th!

Message 4 of 7

Hey @Deesseboutique 😀

Just for clarification, are you following these steps in the Square Online Dashboard? I can see that your fulfillment methods are not set up on the Square Online side. 

If those troubleshooting steps are still not working, you can give our Support Team a call at 855-700-6000 between 6am-6pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday.

You can also get in touch with our Messaging and Email Support Teams at any time here: squ.re/contactsqsupport

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with!

Message 5 of 7

Ok, well then that is the problem because I was sure to update those methods on the ONLINE section.

That is the other issue, even though I have it set up for Local Pickup AND Shipping only the shipping shows up on the product page. I am just not sure what to do next. I guess I will try resaving it and see if that helps but this is what I see on the ONLINE section under this specific item. The fulfillment items were already checked (the copy past deleted the checkmarks).

What more can I do?

Fulfillment
How will your shoppers be receiving this item?
Fulfillment methods

Shipping

Pickup

Local Delivery

Self-serve ordering

Item prep time 

Based on location default
Edit
Sell as preorder

Customers can purchase ahead of time for a future set of fulfillment dates. Only available for pickup and delivery
Edit in Square
Non-taxable

No taxes apply when sellin
Message 6 of 7

OK, I think I figured out what's going wrong here.  I was having the exact same issue because I created this latest item in the "Square Item Library" which seems to be how Square wants us to create/mange items going forward.  I created the item making sure to include a category, location, etc, made sure it was "visible" just like the other 50+ products I have at this point.  It showed up on the dashboard under the correct category, but it wasn't showing up on my website.  I went back to the "online items" page and clicked on the new item.  Everything was the same except for some reason the item was uncategorized.  Once I added the category and saved the item, it showed up on my website.

Message 7 of 7