x
Beta Member

International shipping and packing slips with totals?

Is there a way to customize packing lists to show pricing and totals? If not, there should be. This is required for international shipments, right now we have to edit PDF versions of the receipts to accommodate requirements. This takes a ton of time, especially when a customer has multiple orders and we have to combine and edit several transactions into one - removing items that are still in process, etc.

Meanwhile, the online store still cannot properly calculate real time shipping charges with UPS, so we're constantly having to either refund customers or send them invoices for additional shipping charges. We have our international shipping set to $200 as a default. This was supposed to be a short term solution.

This default has also caused problems with our regular domestic customers, for a while before they validated their shipping addresses, the system would show them their shipment would be $200. Having to explain this several times a week isn't great. We have since created a PDF walkthrough of sorts on how to validate shipping addresses.

Anyone have any other ideas?

We've been flirting with the idea of switching service providers.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

I haven't been able to get totals/prices on packing lists either. It's necessary as sometimes the price is different for similar items and we need the price shown as a differentiator during the picking process. I've taken to writing the price on the packing list. I'm sure this doesn't help you.

As for real time shipping costs, we haven't been able to get that working. We have domestic shipping set as a flat rate and we shut international business off our website and have people contact us directly and we send an invoice instead.

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 2 of 2