x

How to see list of transactions within each deposit

I've read through previous questions on this topic and can't find an answer that works.  My deposits (transfer from Square to my bank) are made up of more than 100 transactions each.  They are for different items, so I need to know which transactions are in each deposit.

I followed the directions in a similar post and exported a transaction report, but it combined two bank deposits in one report, and it left out the details I need!  If I list all transactions, I can see which device was used and what the transaction is for.  If I use the transaction summary and export it, I only get date, time, transaction number, etc.  That doesn't tell me what I need to know.

I need a detailed transaction list that breaks down what is in each deposit, or else reconciling the deposits is a NIGHTMARE!  Can someone please tell me how to see a complete, detailed list of the transactions (with descriptions) that are included in each Square deposit?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Champion

@Shelli ;

As I see this is your first post welcome to the sellers community.

On a Computer log into your Square Dashboard.

Select Balance.

Select Location you want for deposit list.

Then at the bottom of this screen select View All Transfers.

This will give you a List of dates with the amount Transferred.

If you click the '>' to the right of the date and scroll to through the list you will see a list of all Transactions included in the Transfer.

I hope this helps.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 7

Thank you, @Candlestore !  I wound-up using that in conjunction with downloading the transactions in the Transaction Report/Export Transactions CSV for each day.  I combined them into all one spreadsheet, then found the beginning & ending transactions from the View All Transfers list to mark the transactions for each deposit.  I needed the Transaction report, because the Transfers detail listed the transactions, but not the items they were for, and I needed a total of each item within the deposits for bookkeeping purposes.  What a PAIN!!!  I'm looking for a POS processing service that provides better reporting!

Message 3 of 7
Square Champion

@Shelli ;

Download the Transactions Items.

Then use your spreadsheet to make a Pivot table.

Then use the Date to sort the Transactions for each deposit.

You do not have to do this by DAY either you can do it at the end of the week or end of the month.

By having them sorted by Day it should coinside with the Deposits but may be off by 1 day.

Meaning Monday sales may show in your bank on a Tuesday Deposit.  The other thing to watch for is Sales on a weekend or Holiday might be later than expected.  Meaning Saturday Sales will show as a Monday Deposit.

Not sure which Program you used to merge these two files, but if you used Excel, Excel has a feature called Power Query.  If you down load the two files to a folder called for example Square Deposits.  Then use Power Query to get the csv files from that folder, and combine them in power query to you liking.  The next time you can just Delete the 2 previous files from that folder or move them if you want to save them.  Then download the 2 new csv files to that empty folder.  Then open the save Excel file with power query, the opend file will show OLD data, click a cell and Refresh ALL, wait a minute or so and the data will show all the new data.

I did something similar for my upload to my desktop version of Quickbooks before so I would impprt all my items to my accounting software as an indivdual sale transaction to show these deposits from Square.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Message 4 of 7

Thank you so much, @Candlestore !  I use Excel 2010, so I don't think I have the Power Query feature (sounds interesting!).  I originally just copied/pasted the transactions together, and then realized that doesn't put them in order, so yeah, had to sort by date.  What a hassle!  This should be a ready report available in Square!  I would think most bookkeepers have to go through this process?

Thank you so much for your help!

Message 5 of 7
Square Champion

@Shelli ;

Just google youtube videos of how to use Power Query and hopefully you can get it to work with Excel 2010.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 6 of 7

@Candlestore, will do.  Thank you!

Message 7 of 7