x

How to allow multiple discounts on one order

I am selling tickets and t-shirts through square, for an event I have coming in October.  I have it set up to where 10 or more registrations receive a $5 discount per registration. I have added a coupon code for an additional $5 off. That coupon is only applying to registrations under 10. I would like it to apply to all registrations. How do I get it to allow both discounts?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

Hi @jmbray0379! Welcome to the Seller Community!

Unfortunately, I don't know if there's a way to do that, at least in an Online Store. In the discount settings it says, "If multiple automatic discounts are applicable, the greater discount will be applied." So, Square is applying the $5.00*10 registrations discount instead of the $5 off, since the first is greater. 

I tried creating an additional $5 coupon that customers could add manually during checkout (in the Online Store), but once the automatic $5/registration was applied, it wouldn't let me add another manual coupon during checkout. It could be worth testing if it was possible to manually add an additional coupon in-store, but it might need to be done manually.

Michelle Savage
Co-Founder & President
Savage Goods | @savagegoods | savagegoods.com
Message 2 of 2