x

How can I set up my Square site to only allow custom orders?

I am a Custom Cake bakery and I would like to have a wesbite with my menus, gallery, and a custom ordering feature that is connected to my email. I do not want individual items on my site for people to be able to order and purchase without me reviewing and approving their order.

Any help is appreciated!

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

Sometimes you have to outside the box as Square is not a one size fits all solution.  You can create a great website using Square's Online Website Editor - it can be just informational showing your menus and photos and you don't have to have a shopping cart with items.  As for the ordering anything, suggest taking a look at Jotform - there you will find tons of Templates that can be used as is or customized for your specific needs or you can create one from scratch.   Jotform can provide the code to embed into a website page or you can simply use the form page URL as a link.  The customer completes the form, you get it via Jotform's system - from there, you can send the customer a Square Invoice.  Jotform can also use Square directly to process a transaction - some folks create a custom form that customer can use, complete and pay.  Since you need to review the order, probably sending an Invoice would be the best method.  It would also be a good idea to explain to the customer your business flow so they know that once their order is approved, they will get an invoice.  Understand this is just one suggestion as there are other ways - Square also has a pre-order option - just something to checkout but, that option may work differently from what you have in mind.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Beta Member

Best Answer

Sometimes you have to outside the box as Square is not a one size fits all solution.  You can create a great website using Square's Online Website Editor - it can be just informational showing your menus and photos and you don't have to have a shopping cart with items.  As for the ordering anything, suggest taking a look at Jotform - there you will find tons of Templates that can be used as is or customized for your specific needs or you can create one from scratch.   Jotform can provide the code to embed into a website page or you can simply use the form page URL as a link.  The customer completes the form, you get it via Jotform's system - from there, you can send the customer a Square Invoice.  Jotform can also use Square directly to process a transaction - some folks create a custom form that customer can use, complete and pay.  Since you need to review the order, probably sending an Invoice would be the best method.  It would also be a good idea to explain to the customer your business flow so they know that once their order is approved, they will get an invoice.  Understand this is just one suggestion as there are other ways - Square also has a pre-order option - just something to checkout but, that option may work differently from what you have in mind.

Message 2 of 2