x

How can I hide an item from being visible in the Online Store?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Creating an invoice for wholesale pricing without the price showing up in On-line store? 

In creating an invoice for our wholesale account: I used a variable under each item. Thought , things were great ...No 

** We use Weebly/square  for our on-line store .....

The variable wholesale priced showed up in the on-line store ...): 

So, went back and deleted the variable with the wholesale price on each item..

Question: Best way to create a Price for an wholesale item ???

Without it showing up in the on-line store ....

Any direction or help appreciated...Kim  

Message 1 of 41
2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

Each item created in Dashboard will transfer to your site if Square Sync is enabled in the Online Store settings. However, hide the wholesale item from being visible on your site by going to Item Library > select item to edit> and set it to Hidden.

@KGN

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 41
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey there @SugarMagnolia,

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community.

I ran a test on my own Online Store and I too did not seem to find a way to hide an entire item category.

We definitely see how it could benefit your business model. Our teams are constantly looking through our seller's feedback to make necessary improvements, and will be sure to escalate this finding to the appropriate parties. If anything changes, we will be sure to let you know. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

I need the modifiers to work this way as well. We can't be the only ones.  For example, if I am out of a flavor that is a modifier, I am out completely and should be able to just edit the modifier and have the option to globally impact all items using that modifier. Right now I have to think of every possible item, and go in and manually edit EVERY modifier on EVERY item.  Worse yet, when it is back in stock, I have to go and manually make visible EVERY modifier on EVERY item. Very cumbersome. Also, another feature that would be a good to have is to have the option to set a timeline on how long a modifier or any item is unavailable.  If I know it will be in stock in a day or two, it would be great to be able to say, "Hide this modifier for 24 hours, etc." and then it automatically become visible after that timeframe. 

Message 22 of 41

Help?

Message 23 of 41
Admin

Hey @cbmcloud! Check out my friend @JustinC's answer.

nika
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 24 of 41

Hello and good day,

Besides deleting an item from our inventory list on the POS, is there another way to hide the sold out items? Our lists are getting quite large and causing inefficient check out times.

Thanks for your help,

-Teri

Message 25 of 41
Alumni

I got you covered in the best answer on this thread I moved you to. I hope this helps!

@misskasual

Justin
Message 26 of 41

@JustinC  are you please able to link that thread? I'm also looking to do this but haven't found anything helpful.

Message 27 of 41
Alumni

@GetGiggedUTS - Sorry if i found this late, I've been out of the office. Apologies for not linking the thread. Here it is 🙂

Justin
Message 28 of 41
Beta Member

Sorry - late to the party here, but just chiming in that it would be very handy if I could hide a variation instead of having to delete it.    In our case, we have variations that have availability that comes and goes.  It would be nice to be able to hide and make visible at will instead of having to delete it and then re-create it again when we have it available.  I'm not looking for an answer or help - I'm just chiming in that we would really like the ability to hide and unhide variations.

Message 29 of 41

I have two items that say "not visible".  Why?  I've set them up the exact way as everything else.

Message 30 of 41
Alumni

Hmm, not quite sure why. But you can always make them visible from the site editor. Follow the best answer on this thread I moved you to. @CMW1960

Justin
Message 31 of 41

Hello!

I sell one time items, so I will RARELY have the item more then one time.  Is there a way to hide the item from my items list?  So I can't choose to put it on the website or select it when creating an invoice?  I would like to see only pieces I currently possess.

Hope that makes sense!

Message 32 of 41
Square Community Moderator

Hey @trendyyou and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread that goes over how to hide your items or make them not visible on the Online Store.

Check out @JustinC's Best Answer on the first page.

Ashley C
Message 33 of 41
Beta Member

I have an item that is out of stock right now for an hour or two, and I'm easily able to mark that item as unavailable in the online store.  However, the item is also sold as a modifier where people can add it on to their order, or it also comes with some menu items by default.  I don't know how I can make it so that customers can't select the modifier, because it is not in a modifier set on its own its with a whole bunch of other modifiers.  I can make the entire set unavailable, which is not what I'm trying to do, or I can delete the item and then add it again later.

Neither of those solutions are ideal for what we're trying to accomplish, so if we could add a checkbox next to each modifier item that would allow us to mark it unavailable that would be great!

Message 34 of 41
Alumni

@manousheh403

Not sure if you ran by this thread that I moved you to, as I give instructions and screenshots on how to hide modifiers.

Justin
Message 35 of 41
Beta Member

any way you can post a link to that thread?  I have the same question - We have items that we sell individually, or you can buy a gift set and select up to 4 items (modifiers).  But even when an item is sold out, it can still be added to a gift set by selecting it as a modifier.  It would be really nice if the software automatically saw that when an item was out of stock, it's out - whether it's an individual item or a modifier.

Message 36 of 41
Beta Member

We have pricing variations that we use for in house or wholesale use.  Does anyone know how to/or if there is a way to hide the variations in the online store?  For instance we sell a muffin in our physical store and online for $4.25, we sell that same muffin for 3.25 wholesale and of course both show up in the physical and online store.  To avoid our online customers from using the wholesale pricing we have temporarily hidden those particular items.  Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Message 37 of 41
Admin

@quikone Check out this best answer in the Seller Community. 👀

nika
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 38 of 41
Beta Member

I believe the simple answer is "no", you cannot hide an item variation. There are options that might work for you but not quite as simple as hiding a variation, especially if you want it visible in store but hidden online. Probably the most simple is to have different items for wholesale that you hide online. We do use Options for some of our items and you can "hide" certain options but that turns them off for both, in store and online. The only other solution that I can think of (and was suggested in the thread) was to create a modifier that had two "options", retail and wholesale. You can hide the wholesale modifier option online but leave it visible in store. This, unfortunately, would require a modifier set for each item you wanted to do this with. We do this odd modifier "trick" for some standing orders that still give us the ability to only select certain pieces of the standing order.

Message 39 of 41
Beta Member

I don't see any recent posts on this topic. What is the status on getting the ability to mark a modifier as sold out the same way we can an item or variation?

Message 40 of 41
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Amanda_Bierock,

Thanks for being a member of the Community.

I would recommend submitting this as a feature request in our Ideate Room. If there is already a feature request for this service, feel free to comment on the thread on why you think this feature should be added  - Our Product Team keeps an eye on this forum as they are constantly improving our products based on feedback like this.

Let me know if I can assist you with anything else.

Message 41 of 41