x

Handling Stock and Variants

I have a garden center. Consider this scenario. I am going to have 8 different colors of tulips this Easter. I want to have these 8 colors available online for sale, however they actually all the same SKU and while I keep track of the inventory it isn't at the level of color. For example, I'll know that I have 100 - 6 in tulips. It's not practical to tag them by color. Although if someone is ordering it online for local delivery, they obviously need a way to select the color.

So, how would I be able to achieve this with Square? I want to have variants ... but I want the stock count to be on the item and not the variant.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

@TheGardenStop2 ;

This may not be able to be done as when you order online the customer would need to choose a color.  I started out doing something similar with my candles, I tracked by size for pricing but not by scent or color if unscented.  When we went online we had to track by color and by scent.  The issue would be if everyone wants the White tulips and you do not track this you may over sell the white and have the other 7 colors being unsold or have to call and ask the customer which color.  Now if you have Square for Retail you could add the color variants and Square would create a SKU for you and you can use the same sku for online.  This would save time calling the customer to confirm colors, if you sold out and just had tulips for the item.  The only way to avoid this would be to Sell online Tulips and then just send random colors to the customer.  Keep them from choosing a color.  Or maybe sell a Mixed Flat of Random colors and you send them the colors you have the most of in stock.  These could track buy tulips and not by color.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 2