x
Admin

Get More Expert Feedback on Your Square Online Store

AdamB_0-1629842222495.jpeg

Hello again! 👋 This meme has nothing to do with this post, but it appeals to my sense of humor and is somewhat related because… fonts!

A few weeks ago, I asked sellers like you to share your Square Online site and get expert feedback. It was a lot of fun - thank you to everyone who commented looking for advice.

If you missed it the first time around, now is your chance to get expert advice for your own store. Comment below and share the website address of your store, and I’ll provide advice and tips you can use to up your game! 😁

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 1 of 193
192 REPLIES 192

Thanks for the suggestions. I thought my home button was on the left but I always use my phone to edit my site. I will take a look at it from a laptop. I used the embed code section for the entry info from a suggestion made by another community member. It helps Google crawl my website. Since I made the changes to the embed code and jumped through several other hoops, our website is now verified on Google search. Our web traffic has doubled. 

Message 127 of 193
Admin

Doubled? That's great!!

Adam
Message 128 of 193
Beta Member

Hi! Can you please explain the “embed code” or give me the link to the post. I’d love Google to crawl all over my website! 😂

Message 129 of 193

I'm also curious about the embedded code you're referring to Tbauguss.  If you can share the community thread or information where you found it, that would be GREAT!  Thanks.

Message 130 of 193

I know we're far from having a more up-to-date or "Modern" site.  We haven't yet settled on a domain name, but I believe that will be getting finalized this week. We're looking forward to the reviews.  Here's our site:

cle-masks.square.site

Message 131 of 193
Admin

Hello, @BallZoutdoors! Thanks for sharing.

I'm glad to see testimonials and appropriate information you'd expect to see when it comes to buying Face masks. One thing that you could look into is getting some product images through Square Photo Studio. For some items it makes sense to use human models, but Photo Studio is affordable and will give you really clear and consistent product images.

Adam
Message 132 of 193

Would you be willing to take a look at my site? 

www.orionhomesteadcreations.com

Any feedback would be appreciated
Thank you

Kim

Message 133 of 193
Admin

No problem at all, @Kimw_OHC!

I think your site could also benefit from an About Us page and Contact Us page. The former helps information customers about who you are as a merchant and can have a lot of sway. The latter shows you're open to communication from customers, and also makes it easier for them to get ahold of you if they have a question about an item you sell.

Adam
Message 134 of 193

Ok, thank you. I do have an "About me" section but wasn't labeled as such (it's below my IG feed). I'll work on adding that and a Contact section. 

Kim

Message 135 of 193

I have asked for a review a couple of times but can't find the post anywhere so I'll try again.

My website is  https://www.sarahetta.com  Please see what you tnink I should do better or change.  This is my first website.

Message 136 of 193

Hi - I like to see what others are doing so I usually check out the site links. I got a 404 error on sarahetta.com, IDK if it's the link or something with your settings? 

she/her
Message 137 of 193
Beta Member

Hi Adam. I would live feedback. I am still updating photos, trying to right seo’ sand am just beginning with creating it. I am also trying to find ways to increase visitor for sales.

https://colleens-sweet-craftations.square.site

Message 138 of 193
Admin

Hi, @Cpassetto! It looks like you've gotten a lot done already! 

I like the header background image you're using. One thing I could consider doing is alternating the backgrounds of your sections after that, so you have an image background, then a white background, then image, etc. 

One other thing you might do is edit your product images so they are all 1:1 ratio (this involves adding some white space to the top and sides of the image so it's a square). This would make it so the full image is shown - some of your signs seem to be getting cut off.

Adam
Message 139 of 193

Good morning. We could definitely use some feedback. We're in the process of redoing our website and our online ordering. You can find us at www.crossroadsdeli.com and crossroadsdeli.square.site 

Message 140 of 193
Admin

Thanks for sharing, @CrossroadsDeli_!

Three things I can think off after looking at your main website and your online ordering page:

1. I couldn't find a link easily on your main website that linked to your Square Online store. I assume this might be something you will change once you are ready, though.

2. Have you considered changing the background of your header and page to black to match your main website? Updating that and your text colors to match will help unify the two sites.

3. Do you have good images of your different items? Customers often appreciate being able to visually see the food they want to buy, and it will be a lot more dynamic looking than your using your logo (although that's a fine placeholder image if you don't have a photo of something).

Adam
Message 141 of 193
Beta Member

I would love to get feedback on forms to add to my site that I can add that will help me to take pre-orders for specific items that can be customized for names.

Message 142 of 193
Admin

You can actually use regular items in your store for pre-orders - just add the word "pre-order" to the title of the product so that it's clear to a customer that they are pre-ordering the item. You can then use text modifiers to let customers provide names when adding the item to their cart.

Adam
Message 143 of 193

Hi Adam,

Thanks so much for sharing your insight on Square Online sites. It's been so helpful. My website is https://www.backoncourse.com.

I appreciate any feedback you have!

Warmly,

Shannadora

Message 144 of 193
Admin

Not a problem, @getBackOnCourse

I really love how you're using the colors of the rings in your logo throughout the site. I really like the inclusion of a widget on your Videos page, and I like seeing the use of Stories for dynamic content.

The only thing that really stood out to me was the "book a free consultation" button on your Contact Us page. I understand why you'd want to include it there, but it seems to be sitting off on its own on the left side of the page.  You could add some text to the right of it so it's balanced better, or you could even take it off since you have the "book appointment" button in your site navigation that leads to the same page.

Very nicely done!

Adam
Message 145 of 193

Hi Adam,

Great point! I removed it. Thank you for taking a look at the site. I appreciate the feedback!

Sincerely,

Shannadora

Message 146 of 193
Beta Member

I would LOVE some tips and advice for my website! Thank you so much for doing this!! https://buffys-bling.square.site

Message 147 of 193