x
Admin

Get More Expert Feedback on Your Square Online Store

AdamB_0-1629842222495.jpeg

Hello again! 👋 This meme has nothing to do with this post, but it appeals to my sense of humor and is somewhat related because… fonts!

A few weeks ago, I asked sellers like you to share your Square Online site and get expert feedback. It was a lot of fun - thank you to everyone who commented looking for advice.

If you missed it the first time around, now is your chance to get expert advice for your own store. Comment below and share the website address of your store, and I’ll provide advice and tips you can use to up your game! 😁

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 1 of 193
192 REPLIES 192
Admin

That's great! I'm glad that other answers are helpful for you as well. 🙂

Adam
Message 106 of 193

I've made the changes you suggested. I'm posting that so if anyone checks out the page from now on, they will know that the suggestions were adopted already. Thanks again for your help! 

Message 107 of 193

Hi Adam,

Thank you for this great opportunity, please check my website https://reemsgold.square.site/

Let me know what you think and any improvements I can do. Also if you have any suggestions on how to get my website on google search, that will be great

Thank you,

Eman (Reem's Gold co-founder)

Message 108 of 193
Admin

Thanks for sharing your site, @reems_gold. It looks like you just created your site - very well done in such a short amount of time!

Do you use Instagram? If you do, that would be something you could include on your homepage. It's a handy way to include more product images and more on your site while also leverage social media for traffic. The main things I think you could add are more product images; not just on the item pages themselves, but elsewhere on your site.

Regarding Google, the pages of your site will get indexed automatically. It looks like Google has already indexed the home page, which is pretty quick considering how short a time it's been published. If you're looking to get ranked higher by specific keyword searches, then it will take time and work. Are you looking to initially capture a specific audience, like your local market for example?

Adam
Message 109 of 193

I thought I posted this but can't find the post...Looking forward to finding my shortcomings.  Do you think the picture frames are too much?

https://www.sarahetta.com 

Message 110 of 193
Admin

I'm not sure what happened to your other post, but thank you for posting again, @myJewelry!

I don't think the picture frames are too much in and of themselves, but they do lose some impact being used for all the images. Similarly, I think showing off other items as a background for some of the items can sometimes take a way from the item itself. It does look good when just showing images of items more generally, though.

I might use the frame to feature an item or two here and there and do the same with some broad shots of items you sell, then for individual items use a simpler background (either just white, or the solid wood background used for some items already).

Adam
Message 111 of 193

Thanks for your response and review.  Those issues have been debated between my wife and myself.  I was wondering if others thougt things "were too much", like I do.  Now I will let her read your opinion.  She is a decorater and stylist and loves to decorate and style things.  She does take me to many, many sites on Instagram, Etsy, Amazon , etc  that are like she wants hers, so it's hard to argue with her when she points them out.  Those sites have thousands of followers.  I just build the website for her and just give her her way!  Haven't advertised it yet to know for sure because we still have hundreds of items to list.  Again, thanks for taking my side! ha ha

Message 112 of 193
Admin

It's very interesting to see what the differences are between content for Instagram versus a website! Ultimately, what's most important is having a website you (and your wife) are happy with.

Adam
Message 113 of 193
Square Champion

Thank you for doing This!! www.jjsmeatshak.com

Jacob - He/ Him
JJs Meat Shak - Co-Owner& Operations Manager
Supper Seller- Here to help! Just Ask!
http://www.jjsmeatshak.com
Message 114 of 193
Admin

Thanks for posting, @jjsmeatshak1!

I love all of the different images of food and more. It's super helpful for customers to see that. One thing you could do is take some of the images you have in your galleries and use them with different sections, then add some customer testimonials with them.

One other thing to consider is using white for the background of your navigation and footer, that way the logo looks like less it is sitting on top of each section.

Adam
Message 115 of 193

Hey Adam nice to meet you, my name is Simon, this is my website, i would like to ad a WhatsApp bottom that allows clients to go directly to our business whatsApp, and of course i want an opinion on how to improve the site.  www.oficinatuya.com 

Message 116 of 193
Admin

Hello, @oficinatuya!

I think you'll need to find an embeddable WhatsApp widget and add it using the embed code section. The link I just gave is a Google search which seems to have a few different options. Adding integrations like that is great, though! 

Something else you might consider adding is a Contact Us page, since that will make it easier for customers to contact you directly through your website.

Adam
Message 117 of 193

Hi Adam! 

I'd love to hear what you think of www.spencerproduction.com (which redirects to my Square store). I'm a VERY small business but want to start expanding my store's presence over the next few months.

The one thing I'd love to get control of is the size/shape/crop of my product images. I know I need better quality images in general but haven't wanted to bother since the "app" auto-crops them according to its own whims... ;-/

CORRECTION: I see, it orients / crops everything the same way. So somethings I have are portrait vs landscape oriented and I can't show both properly. Hmmmm...

she/her
Message 118 of 193
Admin

Hi, @photodei77!

I can see why you'd want more control; with artwork in particular it be important because you can't simply take another picture in a different orientation.

One option that I have seen used is to add white space around images so they are all the same orientation. In other words, set the image ration to 1:1, then edit your images and add white space to the sides and bottom as needed so the image is also 1:1. In your case you'll want to use the background color you are using rather than white, of course.

Adam
Message 119 of 193

OK. I can work on that.

For the site overall, though, what are your thoughts? It would be great to have a pro's evaluation & advice! 

she/her
Message 120 of 193
Admin

No problem - for the site itself, the background colors are all complementary, so you are good with those. You could try using black for the background of the navigation area as that would make the moon look less like an image on top of the header. 

I would consider featuring another two products with the one you have featured already as well. Three tends to be a good number for featured items - just the right balance of space vs content.

Adam
Message 121 of 193
Beta Member

I would really appreciate any advice you can offer!  My website gets traffic, but few sales.  And I really need the website to carry my B&M through the winters (I'm in a tourist area).   Thank you so much!

www.magpieidaho.com

Message 122 of 193
Admin

Hi, @MagpieIdaho

I think your site looks nice visually and is structured nicely on the home page. I would consider adding an About Us page and a Contact Us page; both of these will help fill out your site and give it more authority to potential customers. 

One thing that could help make more sales is to update some of your product photos so the item itself fills more of the image. There's nothing wrong with the background you use in a lot of the images, but the items themselves are small and get a little lost in the image.

Adam
Message 123 of 193
Beta Member

Thank you - I had a similar thought on the photos.  Still struggling with cameras. 🙂 

I'll add both the About and the Contact pages - thank you so much!

Message 124 of 193

Hello. We can always use a professional opinion of our site. It’s www.sparklewilkes.com

Message 125 of 193
Admin

Thanks for sharing, @Tbauguss! Not a problem!

Here are a few suggestions that you could look into for your site:

1. Your logo looks like it might be a scanned card or flyer. Do you have an image of the logo itself from the card/flyer? That would look really nice in your header.

2. Did you want the "Home" link in your navigation, or did you want it over on the left? You can edit the navigation of your site in the website editor and drag it to the top of the list, which will make it be first in position.

3. I'm not sure which section you used for your intro text, but you could try making that text larger so it pops a little more on the home page.

Adam
Message 126 of 193