x
Admin

Get More Expert Feedback on Your Square Online Store

AdamB_0-1629842222495.jpeg

Hello again! 👋 This meme has nothing to do with this post, but it appeals to my sense of humor and is somewhat related because… fonts!

A few weeks ago, I asked sellers like you to share your Square Online site and get expert feedback. It was a lot of fun - thank you to everyone who commented looking for advice.

If you missed it the first time around, now is your chance to get expert advice for your own store. Comment below and share the website address of your store, and I’ll provide advice and tips you can use to up your game! 😁

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 1 of 193
192 REPLIES 192
Beta Member

yarnsocialkc.com

Message 85 of 193
Admin

Thanks for sharing, @Trish_Yarn! Your site looks really good. 

Hmm... One thing that would be interesting to see added are images of projects knitted by some of the classes, or made following the patterns you have for sale. Another thing might be images from events (like the Yarn Crawl). If you're pretty involved in the Community, it can help to include more of that visually on the with images that people really connect with.

Adam
Message 86 of 193
Beta Member

Thanks Adam -- that's good advice!

Message 87 of 193
Beta Member

Sure!  I would love some constructive feedback.  Thanks!  www.specialtiesgames.com

Message 88 of 193
Admin

Hi, @specialtiesgame! Your quick gift finder is an interesting addition - is that something that you've found you would help people do in-person in your store?

Also, the bag of devouring! Much dice!!

Ahem... as for your site. I think you could benefit from using some different colors for backgrounds for a few of the sections on the home page. 

I would also consider adding store hours and location to your footer, just so customers can find that information a little quicker.

Adam
Message 89 of 193

Hey @AdamB
I would definitely love feedback on our site, www.shopdulynoted.com. Specifically, I have been thinking it is time for a total website makeover. So I'd love your feedback on ways to improve and make the site feel more custom. 

Thanks,

Chris

Message 90 of 193
Admin

No problem at all, @ChrisAllen

A lot of what makes a site look more "custom" comes from the content you add and the color choices you make. Sites where everything has a white background, for example, tend to look less unique (not that there's anything wrong at all with using white as a background). 

The image you're using in the background at the top of the home page is great. One thing I might consider doing is using a different section layout so the left half doesn't have an image behind it, that way the "now open in Georgetown" text is a little easier to read. 

With the sections below it, try using some color backgrounds that match well in tone and color - they can really liven up a design.

Another thing you could try changing up are the fonts. It's important to choose carefully for readability, but sometimes one font really resonates better with your brand.

Adam
Message 91 of 193
Beta Member

LOKALTOGO.COM - we would like to optimize for pre-ordering of our bread and in the future - for our cafe delivery program.

Message 92 of 193
Admin

Thanks or sharing, @LOKAL. I like the contrast at the top of your navigation area and the header background that uses bread. Also, using the stories feature for recipes is a great idea!

Did you want your page called "home" to be the actual homepage of your site? If you do, you'll want to edit your site and and click on the list of pages, then click on the "..." for that page and choose the option to make it your homepage.

Adam
Message 93 of 193
Beta Member

Thanks! I am so excited for this! https://www.lastmile.cafe

Message 94 of 193
Admin

Hi, @Arick! Your site looks really great! Your homepage is visually dynamic but consistent with colors and branding. The icons in the middle of the page are a nice touch:

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 11.03.56 AM.png

Very well done and very professional - fantastic use of many of the features of Square Online. I think the only thing you could consider adding is a Contact Us page, although I do see you have some of that on the Our Background page.

Speaking of, I went to GVSU for about a year and a half and my brother went to Michigan Tech. Small world!

Adam
Message 95 of 193
Beta Member

Howdy @AdamB I'd love some expert advice on my website Sean's Doodles

Message 96 of 193
Admin

No problem, @SeansDoodles

A couple suggestions that I think your site might benefit from:

1. I would move your instagram section from your contact page to your home page; there's some cool posts and it'll get more visibility there.

2. If you had to give someone the rundown of what you do in a sentence or two, what would it be? Once you can answer that, add that text to your homepage right above your category images. 

By the way, your furbie mug is going to entertain me for weeks. 😂

Adam
Message 97 of 193
Beta Member

Thank you @AdamB  I shall be making these changes to the site as they make sense! I’m Glad you enjoy the Fruh mug 😂 there’s going to be some more of those coming soon. 

Message 98 of 193
Square Champion

That meme is great 🤣

Proxima Nova and Museo Sans will always be my top picks though 😎

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 99 of 193

I'm having troubles signing in and using Square...

Message 100 of 193

I'm having trouble signing in to Square

Message 101 of 193

If you can give a little more info on what kind of trouble, it might help folks troubleshoot. A screen cap, or description of the error message?

she/her
Message 102 of 193

I have 2 stores, and 2 websites as they are different businesses...with some similarities.  Please check them out and provide feedback! Thanks

https://katsgrocery.square.site/ 

https://katsintgrocery.square.site/

Message 103 of 193
Admin

Thanks for sharing both, @Kats_Grocery!

I'm curious - are these two sites for two different grocery locations?  I think it could be helpful to include the location name at the top somewhere, that way if someone googles they know they are looking at the right site for their location. You could also add a link in your site navigation from one site to the other, which would make it easier for someone to go to the other location if they need to.

One other thing you might want to do with katsgrocery.square.site, is reduce the amount of content on the homepage a bit. The content itself is fine, but visitors are less likely to look at all the content the more you add.

Adam
Message 104 of 193

That’s fantastic advice, we really appreciate you looking into it. One thing that we have been doing over the last few days since we posted on here, is reading through the reviews that you left on other people’s sites and adopted them to our own. So that’s probably good advice for everyone is to read through the entire content and get ideas for their own! 

Message 105 of 193