x

Fulfillment options seems to be missing website subscriptions, which has no shipping or pickup

I am testing a checkout process for a dating site and the only fulfillment options are pickup and shipping.  My item is digital or basically features get opened up on a website.

if I go to 7183-set-up-fulfillment-rates-with-square-checkout-links the User interface does not let me uncheck both pickup and shipping.  Forcing me select one.

I was able to remove the shipping addresss by unregistering sales tax registration.

Any help, this is a show stopper for me to keep going with Square.

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @mcollins323 !

With payment links, you can set them up to "Collect Payment" versus "Sell an Item" or "Sell Tickets". 

Here are the different purposes for payment links:

• Collect a payment to accept money for any reason.

• Sell an item to accept money for items in your Square Item library.

• Accept a donation to allow a donor to enter an amount of their choice.

• Sell classes or tickets to host an online or in-person class or event.

Collect a payment may be your best option here if you are trying to avoid fulfillment but want to give them access to the website.

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @mcollins323 I see this is your first post in the Seller Community, so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

I am happy to help, but I do not fully understand what you are trying to accomplish. You are selling a digital item on your Square site and do not want shipping or pickup as a fulfillment option on the item. Is that correct? Can you provide your website as well? I will keep an eye out for your reply. 

Message 2 of 11

I am using payment links.

Use case is a dating site like any other such as match.com. I want to sell 6 months of features like any dating site.  So I don't need pickup, shipping or shipping address.  

I just need to know they paid and upon webhook callback I will update their member record.

But this use case could be for anything like selling access to website content such as financial newsletters or Ancestry sites.

My website is still password protected until I get the checkout process down.

I have tried everything and have seen other threads stating the same roadblocks.

Mike

Message 3 of 11

Can you post a link to one of your items @mcollins323

Message 4 of 11

https://square.link/u/uI0DEded

On the second step I do not want Pickup Location.

However - I am required to select 1 of 2 Fulfillment options Pickup or Shipping.

Message 5 of 11

Thanks for the help so far, were you able to figure anything out?

Message 6 of 11

Hey there @mcollins323! 😊

I'm going to take over for Maya here. 

With payment links, there is no way to avoid a fulfillment method if you choose "sell item" as the purpose. You could collect a payment and this would not happen, but with certain purposes, you have to have a fulfillment method. 

Another option is to sell items on your website with the type as "Other" and this will not require a fulfillment method either. 

I hope this clarification helps.

Message 7 of 11

Thanks Summer, I just tested an item as 'Other' and I still get the fulfillment for pickup.  What do you mean if you choose to 'sell item' what are the other options?  Fulfillment seems to be a global setting not a per item setting is that correct?

Message 8 of 11

Best Answer

Hey @mcollins323 !

With payment links, you can set them up to "Collect Payment" versus "Sell an Item" or "Sell Tickets". 

Here are the different purposes for payment links:

• Collect a payment to accept money for any reason.

• Sell an item to accept money for items in your Square Item library.

• Accept a donation to allow a donor to enter an amount of their choice.

• Sell classes or tickets to host an online or in-person class or event.

Collect a payment may be your best option here if you are trying to avoid fulfillment but want to give them access to the website.

Message 9 of 11

Thanks that is the missing piece I needed.  I was creating an item.  Seems like the UI should direct you better but glad I have a solution.

Thanks again.

Message 10 of 11

@mcollins323 ,

YAY! I'm so glad we could work through this and get the solution you needed ❤️😊 Always reach out in the Community if you need any assistance or guidance! We're happy to have you here!

Message 11 of 11