x

Forwarding to a non square URL

Good Morning, we have the basic square website, however the cost for hosting is a bit high for a small buisness. So we have purchased space to host domains and sites. We have our domain setup and running but can't get the square site to forward to the new domain. Everytime I try to forward it wants me to upgrade, there has to be a way to forward to the new domain without upgrading. Thank you for any help

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

@Abenroje there used to be an option to connect a custom domain only that was a minimal cost option to have your free square site have a custom domain.  Sans that, no there is no "free" way to associate the site with your custom domain.  It is one of those things a lot of companies do:  If you want to remove tags/banners and use your own branding you have to pay for the service.

That said, the only work around would be to forward your custom domain name to your square site.  There are a couple of ways to do that, just not the best for SEO campaigns.

I really don't think the cost is high for a business doing a good amount of online sales.  At least not for what you get.

If you just need the domain linked, I think this is the only way without upgrading:

https://squareup.com/us/en/online-store/domains 

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Champion
Breaker of Things

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 2