x
Admin

Feature Request Highlight: Notify When an Item is Back in Stock

AdamB_0-1630367560530.png

Hello again! 👋

I’ve returned with another highlighted Square Online feature request! See the bottom of this post for a link to the request I spotlighted last week. Every other week, I’m going to highlight a feature request from the Square Online feature request board. Feature requests are one of the best ways to let us know what you’d like to see us add or change with Square Online.

This week we’re taking a look at a request by @SarahCotta, who would like for customers to be notified when an item is back in stock. As mentioned in the feature request, there are a number of benefits such as:

• Increasing sales
  • Improving customer loyalty
  • Capturing customer information for marketing

I can tell you firsthand that I’ve personally used this many times at a variety of merchants, from the American Eagle jeans that I like:

AdamB_1-1630367560597.png

Very comfy.

To the shell pink Gibson SG guitar that was an exclusive for Chicago Music Exchange:

AdamB_2-1630367560719.png

Very gnarly.

I’ve used it on Amazon.com, Walmart.com, Target.com, etc; it’s a ubiquitous feature that many customers expect to see as an option. 

AdamB_3-1630367560601.png

Very clicky.

Are there other benefits not listed here, or other uses for the feature which would help you make sales online? Consider leaving a comment and explaining how it will help. Your comments help provide the insight we need to understand how it should work and what it should do.

See also: 

Feature Request Highlight: Customer File Upload

Feature Request Highlight: BOGO and Automatic Discounts for Square Online

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

I'm dying for this feature! I would especially love it if it would notify ME that a customer is interested in this product, so I can make sure I reorder. I'm a bookstore, and my inventory is constantly changing. But if someone wants something I carried at one point, I sure will reorder it for them!

Also, it would be great if there were a setting where I could choose to have items automatically "disappear" or go to "hidden" when they're out of stock, then pop back up when they are in stock again. It's a little disheartening to see all of the "out of stock" notifications on my website, but I also don't want to delete them all, and I don't have time to move them to hidden individually. So there's that. 

Message 2 of 10
Admin

Hi @CuriousCapyShop!

That's a very interesting idea to have it alert you when a customer opts to get notified when the item is back in stock. Stats on how many customers want to be notified would be super helpful for a seller!

Regarding out-of-stock items, in your Square Online overview page, go to Shared Settings > Item Preferences and toggle off the "Display out of stock items on site" option. That should do exactly what you need.

Adam
Message 3 of 10
Admin

Hi again, @CuriousCapyShop - I spoke with our product team and we’re digging into this as a potential update. Fingers crossed!

Adam
Message 4 of 10

Awesome, that would be so helpful! and after little digging, I did find the "Out of Stock" notification toggle, so that will work for me in the mean time!

Message 5 of 10

Message 6 of 10

I also am dying to get ahold of this feature! Any updates as to if/when it will be happening?

Message 7 of 10

Second this!

Message 8 of 10

a BACK in STOCK alert is 100% needed asap!

Message 9 of 10
Admin

Hi @NikiR, thank you for adding your voice to this thread. 

Back in Stock badges are a popular request. Our Square Online team are aware and as soon as we have an update we'll be sure to share an update here. 

Please keep an eye on our Product Updates page also. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 10 of 10