x
Admin

Feature Request Highlight: Customer File Upload

AdamB_0-1629309708402.png

Hello everyone! 👋

I’m back with another highlighted Square Online feature request! See the bottom of this post for a link to the request I spotlighted last week. Every other week, I’m going to highlight a feature request from the Square Online feature request board. Feature requests are one of the best ways to let us know what you’d like to see us add or change with Square Online.

This week we’re taking a look at a post by @ BMLTrophies, asking that we add an option to let customers upload a file as part of their purchase. 

This feature would be useful for a variety of types of items, such as:

• Mugs
  • T-shirts and Hoodies
  • Hats
  • Banners and Signs
  • Greeting Cards

Seller @nateyandbode even makes custom engraved cutting boards that have a meaningful handwritten note on them:

AdamB_1-1629309708744.png

Seller @crystalimagesoffers holiday cards that can feature custom text and a custom image. Currently, a customer must provide the file to you separately through email or file-sharing service. Adding a field to an item page or checkout would make this much simpler.

What items do you offer customization for that require a file or image? 

If this feature interests you, visit the Feature Request: Customer File Upload post and like it. 

AdamB_2-1629309708538.png

Consider leaving a comment and explaining how it will help your online store as well. Your comments help provide the insight we need to understand how it should work and what it should do.

See also: Feature Request Highlight: BOGO and Automatic Discounts for Square Online

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

@AdamB,

When Square can successfully fix the ongoing Square Online Sync issues (more than a year now), I will get excited about new features. 

Day 3 of "Performance Issues: Square Online Sync"

https://www.issquareup.com/

Message 2 of 3
Admin

Thanks for your reply, @zder. The underlying issue that is causing sync issues has been resolved, though we're leaving the status page message up until we're confident that everything caught up. For most people it should be fine, but we don't want to give the all clear just yet while there are still some items to sync for some sellers. If there's a particular item you're still having issues with, I would follow the steps given in the last status update:

1. Edit the item in any capacity, then save the changes. This will fix any sync issues for that item. This can be done from either the item listing on the Square Dashboard, or the item listing on the Square Online overview.
  2. Once the above step has been performed, feel free to edit the item again to undo any changes made, and save. 
Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 3 of 3