x

Can you require a coupon code to accept an order

I would like to require someone enter a coupon code (or have it automatically entered through QR code scan).  If they try to order without a coupon code, I want to prompt them that they have to enter a coupon code.  I want every order to track by coupon code and do not want to have any order not associated with a coupon code.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Champion

Hey @richchemart.  This is not possible.  You can make a formal request for such a feature by heading over to the Ideate Board and submitting it to Square Online team.  They will review it and make a decision about whether or not they want to add it to a future product roadmap.  For now, however, I can not think of any possible workaround.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 4
Square Champion

One more thing, @richchemart.  Be sure to state your case.  You’ll want to explain how your business works, why this is important to you, and why you can’t live without it.  If you can, try to explain how you see a feature like this being something that other sellers might want and use.  I can see something like this taking significant design and coding resources for Square, and they would need to justify a big change like this to online order flow.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 3 of 4

thank you!

Message 4 of 4