x

Can we turn off ticket sales for Events?

Is there a way to list Events (craft shows) on our website without offering the tickets for the event?   We will be at the events selling our items, but we are not the ones selling the tickets.   Or should we not use 'Events" to list our schedule?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 15
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Linkgina! Thanks for asking. 🙂

There isn't a way to display your events or items on your website without selling them. A workaround could be to add a text box for these events on your web page. That way, customers can view them, but not purchase anything.

Here is a link to setting up text boxes with Square Online, and of course let me know if you have any other questions!!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Linkgina! Thanks for asking. 🙂

There isn't a way to display your events or items on your website without selling them. A workaround could be to add a text box for these events on your web page. That way, customers can view them, but not purchase anything.

Here is a link to setting up text boxes with Square Online, and of course let me know if you have any other questions!!

AshleyK
Message 2 of 15
Beta Member

that doesn't work because then you cannot do a featured event page

Message 3 of 15

Frustrating to see this issue still unresolved after several years of complaints. As suggested I have submitted a Feature Request: https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Square-Online/Provide-ability-to-remove-quot-Get-Tickets-quot-but...

Too much of our time working with this platform has been dedicated to workarounds...

Message 4 of 15

I agree, this would be a nice feature to have - remove the "buy tickets" button or allow us to customize for it to link to another website where we have more event info. I have a host of events and classes I'm doing and several of them are being sold through a different organization. 

Also, I would love to have a way to show the photo to the left and the text to the right of the photo, take up less space, more compact view.

At the very least having the option to turn on or turn off the "buy tickets" option. I am trying to build my website but it's exhausting trying to find workarounds. 

Message 5 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for taking the time to share your needs for this feature. I will definitely pass it along to our product team for their visibility and consideration. 

JJ
Message 6 of 15

I would like to "upvote" this feature request! I'd like to be able to turn off ticket sales for events, and just list them.

A true calendar view of events would also be super fantastic. Thank you!

Message 7 of 15

Thank you for taking the time to share your interest in this feature @mainelygallery I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers' interest in your request.

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

JJ
Message 8 of 15

I agree that this would help.  I would like to list the art shows, farmers markets, holiday shows, etc., that I attend so people can see my products in person.

Message 9 of 15

Hi @Jim-Hal,

Welcome to The Seller Community!

Thanks for also expressing your interest in this feature as well. I think this is great idea and would love to see this implemented moving forward. 

Please make sure to follow JJ 's post above and submit the feature request so our Product Team knows people are interested in something like this. 

Let me know if I can assist, or you have any more questions. 

Thank you!

Message 10 of 15

We also would use it for the exact same purchase. I tried to do it before I searched here and was surprised to find that I couldn't. In person events attract people to the company, and then they come to the site to see the full catalog.

Message 11 of 15

agreed! I love the "events" option and the set up but there are instances like "markets" where I personally don't sell tickets but would like to showcase my upcoming shows. easy fix just to be able to have "price" be a non option. 

Message 12 of 15

I created a new custom blank page and named it "local events" and used a text box and image to update the events through there.

Message 13 of 15

this is awesome! I am going to try this now. I needed a way to display my events I will be attending & not charging for. 

Message 14 of 15

I just created another feature request for this. How bamboozling... surely even a clothing seller or larger merchant would want to have an Open House that doesn't require tickets. 

I am trying to create a page where people can see all the art shows and fairs they can find me at. In none of these am I the seller of the tickets.

Upvote the request https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Square-Online/Let-us-remove-the-Tickets-button-for-Events/idi-p/7...

Message 15 of 15