x

Both Pickup & Shipped items - Pickup Not Available

I am setting up a small store for a non-profit. We are offering "thank-you" gifts for people who donate to our upcoming fundraising event.

One item is for local pick-up, and I have 6 pickup locations set as variations. The customer can choose where they want to pickup the item because the business is already stocked with them.

I have the item set to "pickup" for delivery method, turned on "track inventory", and each location was assigned 24 units. When I go to my storefront, it still says "Not available" on the product page. What other setting might I be missing? Also, is there a way to change "Select an option" to something like "select a Pickup location" ?

The 2nd item is the exact same thing, but it is to be shipped for people who are not local. Item is set to "shipped" delivery. These items are shot glasses. I can fit 4 in a shipping box and it will still be under 1 lb. I have a flat fee of $6 shipping, and set a max of 4 items in the shipping section.  Does this mean that if they order 5 units, it will automatically add another shipping fee? This is ideally what I want. 

Any help would be appreciated, we are trying to launch this event tomorrow and have the products available to order.

Message 1 of 10
2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

Hello and welcome @twochefsabove 🍳

It looks like you were able to set things up correctly for the "Pickup" shot glasses since posting here - I'm not seeing the Not available messaging on your website! Please let me know if I'm missing something; a screenshot would be great if you're still seeing this. At this time, there isn't a way to change the text that states Select an option.

I tried to add 5 of the "Shipped" shot glasses to my cart and checkout with them. However, you currently have that item set for Pickup rather than Shipping. To change this setting, you'll want to head to your Square Online Dashboard > Items Item Library, then click the item. Scroll to the Fulfillment section of this edit page - unselect Pickup and select Shipping instead.

If you have set a flat shipping rate of $6, then your customers will be charged $6 per order, rather than $6 per set of 4 items purchased. If you want this fee to change depending on the number of items purchased, you can charge a flat shipping rate per item rather than per order.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
Alumni

Best Answer

You should be able to set this up by heading to your Square Online DashboardSettings Shipping, then scroll to the Destination Regions & Rates section and click the Add Region button. Search for a region, then scroll to the How do you want to charge shipping? section of the page.

Beneath the shipping options shown here, there is a blue link titled Show additional shipping rates. Clicking this will expand your options - I think you're looking for the Item quantity option shown here. Let me know if this isn't what you're looking for, @twochefsabove!

Valentina

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Alumni

Best Answer

Hello and welcome @twochefsabove 🍳

It looks like you were able to set things up correctly for the "Pickup" shot glasses since posting here - I'm not seeing the Not available messaging on your website! Please let me know if I'm missing something; a screenshot would be great if you're still seeing this. At this time, there isn't a way to change the text that states Select an option.

I tried to add 5 of the "Shipped" shot glasses to my cart and checkout with them. However, you currently have that item set for Pickup rather than Shipping. To change this setting, you'll want to head to your Square Online Dashboard > Items Item Library, then click the item. Scroll to the Fulfillment section of this edit page - unselect Pickup and select Shipping instead.

If you have set a flat shipping rate of $6, then your customers will be charged $6 per order, rather than $6 per set of 4 items purchased. If you want this fee to change depending on the number of items purchased, you can charge a flat shipping rate per item rather than per order.

Valentina
Message 2 of 10

Thank you for your response Valentina. I had to call support yesterday to get the "pickup" part working.

Thank you for pointing out that the "shipped" somehow got set to "pickup" again. We did a lot of clicking yesterday 😉

Ideally I want 1 item to ship for $6. In that same box I can fit 3 items (maybe 4) comfortably and still stay under 1 lb. Is there a way to add additional fees for additional items?
Like 1-4 items = $6
5-8= additional $6

or 1 item = $6
each additional item add $2
I don't want someone making a "donation" and receiving 6 items and having to pay $36 in shipping for something that should be $12
Thank you for your help

Message 3 of 10
Alumni

Best Answer

You should be able to set this up by heading to your Square Online DashboardSettings Shipping, then scroll to the Destination Regions & Rates section and click the Add Region button. Search for a region, then scroll to the How do you want to charge shipping? section of the page.

Beneath the shipping options shown here, there is a blue link titled Show additional shipping rates. Clicking this will expand your options - I think you're looking for the Item quantity option shown here. Let me know if this isn't what you're looking for, @twochefsabove!

Valentina
Message 4 of 10

Thank you Valentina. That is exactly what I needed!

I made levels of shipping rates:

1-3 items = $6

4-6 items = $12

7-9 items = $18

with the default rate of $6. Right now we are expecting most orders to be just 1 item. If someone wants a large quantity, I'm sure they will contact us.

Now we are all set to do business - thanks again!

Susan

TwoChefsFromAbove.org

Message 5 of 10
Alumni

So glad to hear things are looking good, @twochefsabove👼🌟👼

Valentina
Message 6 of 10

Are you able to describe how they fixed that "pickup" option so that items would be available? Im having same issue...items only say "available" if Shipping is one of the delivery options and I don't want to have shipping as on option.  Perplexed.. thanks!

Message 7 of 10
Admin

Welcome to Seller Community!

Do you have pickup set up for your locations in Settings > Pickup & delivery and have pickup selected on each item as a fulfillment option, @MeaghanFBD? Usually when this happens it's because items have pickup set as a fulfillment option, but pickup hasn't actually been set up in the store settings.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 8 of 10

when checking out our cart website it says pickup or shipping and when I select change it says continue to save changes. then it wont give the option to pick up charges customers 5.00 no matter what. Paws for a cause Listing for 

Jaguarspiritclub.com

Message 9 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @02Mercedes

Welcome to the Community. 

I want to make sure I am understanding the issues you're seeing with your Checkout Cart. 

You're pick-up charge is showing in the total, even when delivery is selected. Is that correct? 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Message 10 of 10