x

Square online hidden pages

Hello!

I have a question about site page visibility. My square online website is currently unpublished as I am in the process of launching my brand.

There are a few pages I want to build that I don't want to be visible when I first publish the site. Is there a setting that allows me to make pages invisible or hidden until I want to release them? Does this function become available once the site is published? 

Thanks, 
Emma 

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @emmaagars,

Thanks for reaching out.

You're currently able to password protect specific pages of your square Online website. Check out this article for more, and let me know if you have any questions!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @emmaagars,

Thanks for reaching out.

You're currently able to password protect specific pages of your square Online website. Check out this article for more, and let me know if you have any questions!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 8

Hi Seamus, 

Thanks for your reply. It seems like the page will still be visible in navigation and viewers can find it - but they won't be able to see it's contents. 

Is this the only way to hide a page currently? 

Thanks,

Emma 

Message 3 of 8
Admin

@emmaagars You should be able to also remove the link from appearing in navigation, so that only people with the direct link would have access to it.

In the website editor you can click on your header then click on "Navigation" in the left menu to edit what pages appear in the Navigation menu. From here you can remove or re-add pages to the menu:

Hope this helps!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 8

Oh of course! Thanks so much. 

I was afraid if I removed it I would be deleting the whole page - silly me. That's perfect. 

Thanks again,

Emma 

Message 5 of 8
Admin

No worries @emmaagars 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 6 of 8

I did that and it deleted the entire page instead of hiding it. 😣 Now I have to re-create it...wish square was a little simpler to use. Shouldn't be that hard to have a "hide" button instead of "remove" which is actually deleting it. Argh. Oh wellll. 

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Ladybugshopper 

I'm sorry to hear about the frustrating experience when you were trying to edit your page to be hidden. I'll pass this feedback on to our team! 

Message 8 of 8