x

Square Online site doesn't show up in Google Search even with the SEO option set to visible

My online store has been open for about 6 weeks now. I originally had a custom domain that was hosted elsewhere but switched back to a square.site domain a couple of weeks ago. The SEO info is filled out and set to visible, but my store doesn't show up in a Google search no matter what search terms I use. (The store name is Whisk and Bowl Bake Shop, at whisk-bowl.square.site) Is there something else I need to be doing for it to show up? 

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

With billions of web pages out there - and some of them paying to be shown at the top of results - Search Engine Optimization is a complicated beast to master, @SandiR2!

There's a lot of great content about how to improve SEO results out there online, but you could start with this post from us. It's got some really useful tips about actions you can take to improve your ranking.

I noticed that your Site Title is currently Whisk+Bowl Bake Shop. I'm not sure if it might help, but have you considered spacing out those words? (ex: Whisk + Bowl) It can take a while for Google to update a change like that, but it might be worth trying!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Best Answer

With billions of web pages out there - and some of them paying to be shown at the top of results - Search Engine Optimization is a complicated beast to master, @SandiR2!

There's a lot of great content about how to improve SEO results out there online, but you could start with this post from us. It's got some really useful tips about actions you can take to improve your ranking.

I noticed that your Site Title is currently Whisk+Bowl Bake Shop. I'm not sure if it might help, but have you considered spacing out those words? (ex: Whisk + Bowl) It can take a while for Google to update a change like that, but it might be worth trying!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

In Square, go to Settings, Tracking tools.

Add a tracking link for the using Google search console and Bing. Bing is easier to setup, start with that.

Follow the instructions provided by Google and Bing.

Message 3 of 4

Hello Colin

I am having problems getting my site to show on Google. I tried to do what you say above but I am having

Problems. If I give my log in details can you set it up for me. I would appreciate your help

Kind regards

Jackie

GiftheartHandmade

Message 4 of 4