x

Square Discount codes not working in Square Online Website

Hello team,

Good day.  Need urgent assistance with Discount codes and how it is applied in Online Website. We have created few discount codes in ITEM Library as below

Image1.jpg

When we apply this Discount codes in our website - they all are throwing error as below. 

Image2.jpg

Please assist asap - as we have sent out these codes and not even one is working. Thanks 

G

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @catchganu!

Thanks for your post, and for the useful screenshots. 

When you create discounts on the Square app, or from your online Square Dashboard; you can apply them manually at checkout on your POS, or have them applied automatically to online sales and in-house sales when you set discount rules. 

When viewing these discounts on your Dashboard, the Discount Name is what you would see on your POS. This name would be your point of reference, and is not a coupon code that you, or the customer, would enter at checkout.

As Bruce mentions above (thanks @lawnbrook), coupon codes that can be shared and applied by customers online are created from the Marketing tab. Unfortunately as you mentioned, at this time the customisation of the rules for these coupon codes is more limited than what you would find with automatic discounts. You can join the discussion around that topic on this community thread.

You’ll also find more on both Discounts and Coupons for Square Online, here. And I’ll be sure to update you if I hear of any upcoming changes to the customisation options for marketing coupons. 

In the meantime, if you have any questions, just let me know. 

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Champion

Hi @catchganu ,

Promos, have a start/end date. Make sure that these are valid. Also I've seen that discounts are moving to marketing, they are supposed to work together. Perhaps try recreating the discounts under the marketing menu. Other than that, if it's not working, then it may be time to contact support directly..

Bruce

Bruce Wilson
Owner | Vigneron | Distiller
Message 2 of 4

thanks - Yes, i did notice Vouchers in Marketing section. But i am after Automatic discounts - Vouchers dont provide that flexibility like whether it is based on $value or Quantity or Scheduled days offer with time period, etc.. 

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @catchganu!

Thanks for your post, and for the useful screenshots. 

When you create discounts on the Square app, or from your online Square Dashboard; you can apply them manually at checkout on your POS, or have them applied automatically to online sales and in-house sales when you set discount rules. 

When viewing these discounts on your Dashboard, the Discount Name is what you would see on your POS. This name would be your point of reference, and is not a coupon code that you, or the customer, would enter at checkout.

As Bruce mentions above (thanks @lawnbrook), coupon codes that can be shared and applied by customers online are created from the Marketing tab. Unfortunately as you mentioned, at this time the customisation of the rules for these coupon codes is more limited than what you would find with automatic discounts. You can join the discussion around that topic on this community thread.

You’ll also find more on both Discounts and Coupons for Square Online, here. And I’ll be sure to update you if I hear of any upcoming changes to the customisation options for marketing coupons. 

In the meantime, if you have any questions, just let me know. 

Message 4 of 4