x

How to edit order confirmation emails?

Hey there, it appears the other threads related to this question are several years out of date.

I want to edit the emails customers received when their orders are confirmed and posted online (we are a retail bricks and mortar store) - as per posts from 2020/2021 the fields seem locked, and there is nowhere to change email subject lines and my test email header is "Your download is ready!" when it's physical objects are customers purchase.

Can anyone advise if this functionality has improved or been unlocked since past threads?

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Thanks for reaching out, @CountryAccent!

Currently, the ability to edit email subject headings is not available. However, I can confirm that the test email title, Your download is ready!, is only for testing purposes. When customers order from your website, they will receive an order confirmation email titled: Thank you for your order!

While you can't change the email subject headings, you can adjust the body content of these emails if you have an Email Sender Profile set up. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Navigate to Online > Communications > Email & Text Alerts.
  3. Click Edit Profile next to Email Sender Profile, and follow the instructions to verify your email address.
  4. Click on the ellipsis (โ€ฆ) across from each email preview.
  5. Select Edit Email.

From there, you can make changes to the theme, style, and content of these emails.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Thanks for reaching out, @CountryAccent!

Currently, the ability to edit email subject headings is not available. However, I can confirm that the test email title, Your download is ready!, is only for testing purposes. When customers order from your website, they will receive an order confirmation email titled: Thank you for your order!

While you can't change the email subject headings, you can adjust the body content of these emails if you have an Email Sender Profile set up. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Navigate to Online > Communications > Email & Text Alerts.
  3. Click Edit Profile next to Email Sender Profile, and follow the instructions to verify your email address.
  4. Click on the ellipsis (โ€ฆ) across from each email preview.
  5. Select Edit Email.

From there, you can make changes to the theme, style, and content of these emails.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Message 2 of 2