x
Beta Member

Anyone else's website lost all their items?

Had a few customers try to order today via our website, but there are no items to choose, cant even search for them.

But when going in to edit the site they are all there & in the Item options on the dashboard they are all set up correctly 😞

Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Sorry to hear this, @CaitSidhe! This definitely doesn’t sound right, but it’s hard to determine exactly what might be happening here without taking a look at your website and account with you.

The fastest way to resolve Square Online issues is by reaching out to our team directly. The best way to reach out is by phone, because our team can look at your account with you and help you make adjustments in real-time. Our Support Team is available at 1800 760 137 from Monday to Friday, 9AM-5PM, Melbourne Time.

In the meantime, I’m happy to take a closer look if you’d like to send through some details/screenshots of the following areas in your Square Dashboard:

Navigate to Items & Orders > Items > Item Library > Click on an item to bring up the Edit item page

• Categories - Is there a category assigned?
  • Where it’s sold - Is your website toggled on?
  • Site Visibility - Does it say visible?
  • Fulfilment > Online Fulfilment Methods - Is Pickup selected?

Navigate to Online > Site Items > Click on an item to bring up the Edit item page

• Fulfilment > Fulfilment methods - Is Pickup selected?

Navigate to Online > Site Categories > Click on a category to bring up the Edit category page

• Availability > Set pickup, delivery, and QR code ordering windows - Is during all regular business hours selected?

Navigate to Online > Website > Edit Site > go to your Online Ordering Page

• On your online ordering page, you’ll see a panel on the left-hand side below where it says Site design which shows all of the sections included on the page - please screenshot this panel

I’ll keep an eye out for you reply. 🙂

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Best Answer

Sorry to hear this, @CaitSidhe! This definitely doesn’t sound right, but it’s hard to determine exactly what might be happening here without taking a look at your website and account with you.

The fastest way to resolve Square Online issues is by reaching out to our team directly. The best way to reach out is by phone, because our team can look at your account with you and help you make adjustments in real-time. Our Support Team is available at 1800 760 137 from Monday to Friday, 9AM-5PM, Melbourne Time.

In the meantime, I’m happy to take a closer look if you’d like to send through some details/screenshots of the following areas in your Square Dashboard:

Navigate to Items & Orders > Items > Item Library > Click on an item to bring up the Edit item page

• Categories - Is there a category assigned?
  • Where it’s sold - Is your website toggled on?
  • Fulfilment > Online Fulfilment Methods - Is Pickup selected?

Navigate to Online > Site Items > Click on an item to bring up the Edit item page

• Fulfilment > Fulfilment methods - Is Pickup selected?

Navigate to Online > Site Categories > Click on a category to bring up the Edit category page

• Availability > Set pickup, delivery, and QR code ordering windows - Is during all regular business hours selected?

Navigate to Online > Website > Edit Site > go to your Online Ordering Page

• On your online ordering page, you’ll see a panel on the left-hand side below where it says Site design which shows all of the sections included on the page - please screenshot this panel

I’ll keep an eye out for you reply. 🙂

Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

Thank you for your detailed response.

Everything seems to be set correctly, although I am unable to find:

Navigate to Online > Site Categories > Click on a category to bring up the Edit category page

• Availability > Set pickup, delivery, and QR code ordering windows - Is during all regular business hours selected?

square info.jpg

Message 3 of 6

Hey @CaitSidhe 🙂 Site Categories should be listed underneath Site Items in the Square Online section of your Dashboard.

From the Square Dashboard, navigate to Sales Channels > Online > Items > Site Categories (underneath Site Items).

Please let me know if Site Categories isn’t showing up in this area for you.

Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

It looks like I need to upgrade to change any of the availability settings in that section

Message 5 of 6

@CaitSidhe That's okay! It sounds like these settings wouldn't be causing this issue in this case then.

It sounds like your settings are all set up correctly, so I'd recommend reaching out to our phone Support Team so that they can take a closer look at your account with you. If they're unable to determine the cause of the issue, they'll be able to escalate this to our Engineers for further investigation. 

Our Support Team is available at 1800 760 137 from Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm, Melbourne Time.

Message 6 of 6