x
Beta Member

discounts and tax exempt

We have customers that are tax exempt that we invoice for multiple different items each month, is there a way to set that customer to always be tax exempt and not have to de-select tax on each item?

Also, we offer discounts for some customers on every item... it shows the retail price, quantity and then at the end of the invoice it shows a total discount. how can we have the retail and discounted price show for each item on the invoice without manually making a note?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Champion

HI @Twolicknursery 

I do not believe that Square has the ability to add a customer as tax exempt.  This would definitely be an extremely useful feature though, and really should already be implemented imo.

Same for the 2nd question, I don't believe that there is an option to have the discount show along side of the retail pricing.

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.

Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

We really need to be able to run a report that is just for tax exempt clients and or purchases.  Square really needs to address this.  This is on going issue.  @JohnPugh @Flowerman @HHF1421  @chuck902 @MayaP @autoparts @Candlestore  also I have posed this to ideate board already

Message 3 of 5
Square Champion

@ehflower wrote:

We really need to be able to run a report that is just for tax exempt clients and or purchases.  Square really needs to address this.  This is on going issue.  @JohnPugh @Flowerman @HHF1421  @chuck902 @MayaP @autoparts @Candlestore  also I have posed this to ideate board already

Do you mind posting a link to that here?  I would definitely star that myself, as it would make my life easier when billing dealerships I can run them through square as well instead having to manually do an invoice.

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.

Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Kassi_

‎07-07-2022 08:21 AM

Status changed to: Reviewed

Welcome to the Ideate Boards, @ehflower 

Appreciate you bringing this feature request over to our new process. Also, excellent work tagging other sellers to add their vote or voice to this request! 

I don't have a current update for this on our roadmap, but the status has been changed to "Reviewed". This means our Product Team will be evaluating the best next steps for this request. 

06-27-2022 02:03 PM

Manage tax exempt clients with daily reporting please

This was advised to create a feature request

Message 5 of 5