x

Why Don't Descriptions Print On Invoices?

Hi there, 

I've put in descriptions on invoices for discounts and items and they don't show up when the invoice is printed. Why?

Message 1 of 3
2 Best Answers
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hi @M0rewinePlease.  I’ll admit that I missed the memo on this one! LOL  But here’s the answer I came upon that works for me.

You need to go to your Dashboard > Account & Settings > Business Information > Receipts.  Scroll down to the “Items and total” section and toggle on “Show item description.”  

Yes, I know this makes no logical sense, since receipts and invoices aren’t necessarily the same.  But according to a note I found in one of the invoices screen (see screen shot), doing this will cause Square Invoices to start showing descriptions.

IMG_5245.jpeg

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3

Best Answer

That worked, thank you!

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hi @M0rewinePlease.  I’ll admit that I missed the memo on this one! LOL  But here’s the answer I came upon that works for me.

You need to go to your Dashboard > Account & Settings > Business Information > Receipts.  Scroll down to the “Items and total” section and toggle on “Show item description.”  

Yes, I know this makes no logical sense, since receipts and invoices aren’t necessarily the same.  But according to a note I found in one of the invoices screen (see screen shot), doing this will cause Square Invoices to start showing descriptions.

IMG_5245.jpeg

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 3

Best Answer

That worked, thank you!

Message 3 of 3