x

Sales Tax Question

I regularly ship products all over the US, but do not use a website. I take phone orders. Once a customer calls me with an order, I send them an invoice. I’d like the invoice to automatically generate sales tax based on the shipment destination (not my local state). How do I do this? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

@Thepynkstudio ;

As I see this is your first post here let me welcome you to the community forum.

An idea is to use your Square App.

And you can take a Phone order in the app with Shipment, In-Store, or Pick-up for fullfillment options.  The thing is you need to add a customer first, then add 1 item then you can choose how this order will be fullfilled.  Maybe if you choose Shipment and to another location Square fills in the Tax required for you.  You can also take payment right over the phone that way.   When I ship with in my state for phone orders tax is charged, out of state no sales tax is charged.  For me this works correctly.  Can you invoice the customer from this... I am not sure I never tried that and like payments before shipping.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 2