x

Commercial landscaping business we're new to Square. Is it normal for there to be an issue each time

We are new to Square have just started using it this week. We've slowly started switching clients from Quickbooks to Square. This week we had 2 clients pay via Square.

We got them setup through the projects feature (super useful!!), sent an estimate (saves time and no longer need yardbook), and finished work. After we finished up other jobs for the day and back at the office I invoiced out/charged the client.

Within an hour I get a strange email asking for more details. I thought maybe since it was my first sale this was normal? 

Fast forward to later this week, same situation we have an existing client, send an estimate, book the job for today (Friday). Work is finished, I'm in the office for lunch and go ahead and invoice it and bill the client.

I paid labor for the day out of my pocket in cash and thought nothing of it. Then I get home and this time I see ANOTHER email but it says suspected fraud? I inspect further and it's not really fraud it's just another information request.

This specific client is a major health adult care provider (in-home and in-patient faclities) throughout Texas/Oklahoma/Ohio/Georgia. Not our first time doing business nor is it the first I've processed a payment of theirs with this card (checked the last 4 digits from our last Quickbooks invoice).

My question is, is this common? Nothing to worry about? I don't want to be accusatory at ALL to a commercial client, especially if an issue on Squares end. Am I misreading the notification or reading into it too much? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Beta Member

You may want to contact Customer Support for assistance as they can look at your account to ensure that everything is setup properly.  The emails about more information are a bit unclear - please understand that the volunteer Community Members here are not the same as Customer or Tech Support, there is quite a bit of hands on experience with Square's Apps and Hardware but, there are some concerns that come up and you need to contact Square Support.

Message 2 of 2