x

Contact for help?

New with Square and not a lot of fun. Back on August 22 they sent me a stripe card reader via DHL. DHL tracking showed that on August 29 they handed it over to another delivery service (DHL had taken it from Kentucky to Texas, and then gave it to another delivery service - I live in California!).

I called the customer support number and got a person with bad English and they said I needed to contact DHL. I suggested that since they sent the package, shouldn't they be able to track it for me? They said, call DHL. I explained DHL gave it to someone else to deliver, and asked to talk with someone else. They said call back on the same number and another person would answer. I called back and the next person also had no useful information. I have found it IMPOSSIBLE to get any help tracking this card reader. The DHL automated system only wants a 10 digit tracking number yet Square gave me a 29 digit tracking number. From DHL E-commerce. They can't track it either. Says this is the service Square selected for my delivery: DHL to Texas and USPS from Texas to California.

Over two weeks and counting - no one knows where the package is and no one at the Square support line can help. NOT A GOOD BUSINESS MODEL!

I think getting started with Square was a huge mistake, based on their ability to even send a simple card reader.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Champion

Hey @MrBillSt I’m so sorry you’re having a rough first impression with square! Here’s what I know. At the bottom of the page there is a “get help” option. Where you can actually chat with a virtual assistant (at first) and can click options about missing hardware. I have screen shotted the items it says to have handy when you speak to customer service. When that pops up it also gives you the option to be connected to an agent online, which may be an easier, more efficient way to communicate if language barriers have been a problem previously. 

keep in mind that when you’re speaking to an agent they are also doing their best to help you. They did not personally send out your package and sometimes they are giving you all the information they have access too. If at the end of your conversation you are unable to resolve the missing package I would very politely ask if they would be willing to send you another one and if the original package reaches your house you can have it returned to them! 

I hope you are able to get this cleared up!! If I could do it for you I would!! Let me know if this helps!!

-Rachel 

EC425684-A4F8-4201-BE60-9D1BE9F37E89.png

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

https://www.lovewellteaandcoffee.com/
Message 2 of 3

Thanks for the reply! I haven't tried their online virtual assistant, usually don't have good luck with them, so I tried speaking to a person... Not a good experience there, either. Making contact with anyone other than a person reading from a script has been nearly impossible, almost like Square wants the business but doesn't want to talk to their customers.

Their marketing department is phenomenal - getting emails from them every couple days, but all have a "donotreply" address. With this type of evasiveness from the company, I surely will not be recommending them to anyone else!

The reader was "free" but the aggravation caused more than makes up for any benefit, plus I've learned how non-responsive the company is, should there be problems in the future, in itself a valuable lesson.

Message 3 of 3