x

Collecting Cash for Online Store Purchases

I have seen the thread for collecting cash for online store purchases and am also looking into this feature.  I am using Square for a non profit organization that runs charitable gaming to raise funds for our operations.  The Virginia laws are strict stating that we can not take credit for any payments.

https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacodefull/title18.2/chapter8/article1.1:1/  section 18.2-340.27. Conduct of bingo games.

I am currently unsure how square tracks debit card payments but would feel more comfortable with the option to allow customers to make orders online and pay once the item is picked up at our location.  I've taken the time to set this option up but will not be able to use the online order capability without the "collecting cash" option.  

Any intent on this capability would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

@gsvfd422 I can’t count the number of times I’ve asked for this.  For some many reason,  Legal and otherwise. It hasn’t bubbled up to the top of the priority list yet.  I understand why, but don’t really.  Hopefully you just added another voice to the “cash option side” of the argument.  Hopefully more state laws like yours make a difference.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 2