x

Add Price Functionality To Options

Hello:

This is coming from the perspective of feedback while building my item listings. I absolutely have to use the Options functionality due to selling multiple sizes and colors of each item. For most of my decals, this results in over 200 Variations between the two options.

I'm wondering if there is any possibility that a price functionality could be added into the Options panel as well? I know this wouldn't be something everyone uses, but I can see how it would be beneficial to many users.

For example, I have decal sizes ranging from 3 inches to 8 inches per listing, and I have 36 colors available for vinyl. It's a given that I have to select my Option of Color to be included in my Variations per listing, however, Color is not what determines my Price; Size is.

For each decal I also create an Option for Size (title per decal). This may not be ideal, but it's the only way I could set up my shop the proper way so far. Size is what determines my Price, so it would be more beneficial to be to have the ability to add those Prices to that specific Option, rather than do it per Variation in the listing once the Options are applied. 

36 colors x 6 sizes = 216 variations

Because I have so many Variations, my current way of pricing involves me filtering the list by Size, and updating the prices accordingly. If I could just apply the prices to the Size Option and have it auto-apply to the Variations since it would be the determining factor, that would be amazing.

Again, I don't know if this is possible, but after seeing how Options work, I have to believe it might be. Etsy essentially works theirs out in a similar way, it's just laid out a bit differently. You apply prices to one specific Option, and that determines the Price for whatever Variation your customer picks.

I hope I explained my idea clearly enough. If not, please let me know if there's anything I can clear up. And if there's something I overlooked that already allows this, please enlighten me; I looked everywhere and couldn't locate anything of the sort.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

HI, have you tried using Modifiers?

Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 10.00.38 AM.png

For high number of Variations/Options, is there a way to differentiate some?  By theme, by color, by topic, current trending, etc?

You have 15 seconds to capture customer.  More than 5 options most customers abandon cart, too many options.  7 out of 10 abandon carts on a regular transaction.

Hope this helps.
TERRI
Message 2 of 2