x

Encountered an issue with Square Appointments where the resources function work

It seems that you’ve encountered an issue with Square Appointments where the resources function works well when booking appointments online but fails to operate correctly when appointments are made via the Square Terminal. This problem is not uncommon and has been reported by other users as well.

The root of the issue is that the resources functionality in Square Appointments is primarily designed for online bookings and might not sync properly when appointments are manually created on the Square Terminal. This results in the resource not being blocked off correctly, which can lead to double-booking or other scheduling conflicts.

Potential Workarounds:

1. Manual Adjustment: After creating an appointment via the Square Terminal, you could manually adjust the resource assignment through the Square Dashboard or Appointments app. This ensures the resource is correctly allocated and prevents conflicts. I have tried this in the past, and the terminal does not give the option to select the correct resource. Is there some other workaround?

2. Using the Square Dashboard: Whenever possible, consider using the Square Dashboard on a computer or mobile device for booking appointments, especially if resource allocation is critical for your operations. 

1. I could book appointments for new/existing customers, but this would require me to know/create their password to log in , correct?

3. Feedback to Square: Since this is a known issue, providing feedback to Square’s support team might help expedite a fix. It’s possible that future updates could address this limitation.

4. Explore Other Tools: If this issue significantly impacts your operations, it may be worth exploring alternative appointment scheduling software that offers more robust resource management across all platforms, including in-person terminals.

Message 1 of 1
0 REPLIES 0