x

Appointments: How do you set up a time frame that clients have to book in advance?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Appointment window

didn't square have a feature that allowed you to set up a time frame that clients had to book in advance. Example: you set the time for 12hr and the clients had to book 12hrs in advance.

Message 1 of 29
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

That feature is still available @EtheT!

From your Appointments Dashboard

1. Click Calendar & Booking.
  2. Scroll down to Online Scheduling.
  3. Click the dropdown below Appointments must be made in advance.
  4. Choose a time from 1 hour to 4 weeks.
  5. Click Save.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 29
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Cameronself and welcome to the Seller Community!! You should be able to make this work by changing your scheduling settings to offer appointments "According to service duration" on your appointments dashboard.

Thanks for working with me! 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 21 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Awesome thanks for you help 🙂 

Message 22 of 29

I currently have my appointments set to every 15 minutes from 8am-6pm, with the Tee times only taking 5 minutes. When a customer books a tee time, the entire day then grays out and will not allow others to book on that day, even though only 1 time slot has been reserved. Staff availability lines up with the hours of operation. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Message 23 of 29
Admin

@BradH_303 I'm merging your post to another thread where I also helped @Cameronself. It's possible you need to adjust how your appointments are scheduled to "according to service duration."

Check out my steps and screenshot in this thread and let me know if this helps fix your scheduling issue. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 24 of 29

hi i cannot fine the "save" button

Message 25 of 29
Square Community Moderator

@The3don- The "Save" button is located on the bottom right hand side (scroll all the way to the bottom). You should see it if you are making the edits in your Square Appointments Dashboard

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 26 of 29

I know that you can adjust the "Appointments must be made in advance" but can you further develop the time frames for different services you provide?  

Like "service A" would only require 24 hours notice but....
"Service B" would require 2 weeks advance booking notice.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Message 27 of 29
Square Community Moderator

Appointment based required booking in advance is currently a feature request @ems814

I will make sure to pass this one over to our product team for their visibility. 

JJ
Message 28 of 29

How do I have the confirmation notifications along with reminders reflect a time frame of arrival between 9:00-9:30 am example?

Message 29 of 29