x
Admin

Live Q&A: Ask us anything about verifying your identity for your Square account!

Hello Seller Community!

To allow your business to accept card payments, Square is required to perform a series of checks to verify your identity and your business. As your business evolves, we also need to stay up to date to provide you the best financial services. We strive to make it fast and easy while fulfilling our regulatory and payment network obligations.

With that, we want to hear from you:

• What do you think of our payment onboarding experience?
  • What suggestions would you give to improve the experience?

On Monday, April 24, we'll welcome @laylaliang and @lanj from the Trusted Identity team for a question & answer session! Their team is eager to learn about how they can help you get started quickly as well as answer any questions you may have.

Square-Registerpng.jpg

To participate in this discussion, post your questions and feedback below in advance, and be on the lookout for a "Best Answer" summary post that covers the main takeaways from this discussion. We look forward to hearing from you.

We're unable to share account-specific details within our online forums, though information on your experience will be helpful as we continue to make improvements. For account questions, please contact the Customer Success team directly.

Tra | she/her
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 19
Report Inappropriate Content
18 REPLIES 18

I'm enjoying the Square services so far. Love the integration with Appointments and Loyalty, simply perfect for my business.

Message 2 of 19
Square

Thanks @ImeBraids! We’re glad to hear!

Message 3 of 19

Hi I recently registered to square and bought the card reader. But to take a card payment square needs to verify my identity but it’s failed to verify.. what should I do to verify my identity.

Message 4 of 19
Admin

It appears we were not able to verify your identity based on the information provided @AtelierLightingYou can try following the steps outlined in our FAQs.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 5 of 19

Hello I'm new to square looking to start a payment processor for my e-commerce web store and hopefully progress from there

Message 6 of 19
Square

Thanks, @Ediser — and welcome to Square! It looks like your account has been verified and you’re ready to take payments.

Message 7 of 19

I have being waiting for an email to advise that I can start taking payments and was told this should have arrived last Tuesday but still waiting. Just very disappointing as need to take payments on it and loosing business because of this. 

Message 8 of 19
Square

Thanks, @Dee231. We’re sorry to hear that you haven’t received your email. I’ve reviewed your account and it appears that you are able to take payments now.

If you haven’t already, we recommend checking your spam folder for the email.

Message 9 of 19

check on my id was fine and the bank account set up took a different account but all happy now

Message 10 of 19
Square

Thanks @freightworldwid! We’re glad to hear you’re all set up!

Message 11 of 19

• What do you think of our payment onboarding experience? 
    • Pretty straightforward until we hit the verification point.
  • What suggestions would you give to improve the experience?
    • oof... I mean did you try it?  It was and then it wasn't.  I dont know if my computer skipped a beat but I maybe clicked two things before I couldnt get verified.  I think I got a screen that said try again later (low tech... see what I did there?) and then one that said I exceeded the number of attempts... what attempts?  No notes of what to try or start again or do this to restart or send a verification code or you will need to contact customer service at xxx... just na-da... no go... 
    • suggestions? lets start with what the verification process is checking... it would help me figure out why my attempt hiccuped and get me to a correction.  Did I get my name wrong?  not the first time I would need a little help there. 
    • info... that whole section was sparse when it came to details so a few more might help.  For instance... how many attempts did I blow through?  Did the time I repeatedly clicked furiously count as one or thirty? 
Message 12 of 19

I signed up with Square and love the POS system but when I tried to get verified it kept saying failed. I know who I am, and that my details are correct but still failed. Why not do what most online banks do and request a photo of photo ID - Drivers licence or passport etc. to confirm identity 

Message 13 of 19
Square

Thanks, @englishmaninchi. It appears that your account could not be verified to take payments. You can try following the steps outlined in our FAQs or reach out to Customer Support here.

Message 14 of 19

So frustrating! I have tried multiple times to verify my identity and each time it fails. No explanation or signposting to how to resolve. No where in the account to upload ID documents or verify properly, no contact, or useful information to rectify the problem.

Message 15 of 19

Hi, I have recently signed up to square app and bought a card reader but there seams to be trouble verifying my identity. Can you please explain how I can get my account working so I can use the square products as I lost money at the weekend not being able to use the app.

Message 16 of 19
Square

Thanks, @Nimos. It appears that your account could not be verified to take payments. You can try following the steps outlined in our FAQs.

Message 17 of 19

I cant pass the verification process as well, after I purchased the square stand and successfully pass the bank information checking. After 1 week, no update. Can’t find support team. Poor me

Message 18 of 19
Admin

Sorry to hear you are running into this issue @Alex14. When you have a chance, please give us a call on 0800 - 098 8008, Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm and our Support team will be able to assist further. 

Tra | she/her
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 19 of 19