x
Square Champion

Why I'm Upgrading to a Second Zebra ZD4011 Printer

As a Passionate Square Champion, I wanted to share my positive experience with the new print labels feature from my dashboard. Since expanding from a farmers market boutique to a full brick-and-mortar store with 1,500 items (not including variations) in each location, maintaining accurate pricing has been a significant challenge. I’ve previously used price guns, ordered labels from Uline, and relied on a combination of Word templates and Excel sheets for mail merges—all of which were overly complex and often required my direct involvement due to limited staff access to the necessary tools.

When I opened my second location, I decided to include a new Square Register bundle that came with the Zebra ZD4011 printer. While I had experimented with the Dymo printer before, it didn’t integrate with the POS system as seamlessly as the Zebra does.

Here’s why I’m thrilled with the Zebra ZD4011:

Ease of Use: Printing labels is straightforward, and the integration with the POS system is smooth.
Flexibility: I can print labels by category, purchase order, or even by scanning a barcode.
Simplified Setup: No need for trying to integrate your traditional desktop printer or pricing guns—just a USB cable, a roll of labels, and a power cord into this printer slighter larger than a reciept printer.

If you’re struggling with accurate product pricing or frequently changing labels, I highly recommend giving the Zebra ZD4011 a try. It has significantly streamlined my labeling process, and I’m even ordering another one for my farmers market location today.

20240804_144901.jpg20240804_144917.jpg

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

@JTPets glad to hear the Zebra ZD4011 is working for you and appreciate the review too!

Max Pete
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Square Community
Message 2 of 5
Square Champion

We used to run DYMO as well and they LITERALLY do not compare to the ZEBRA. We run two zebras. One is connected to a lap top and one is connected to the register. The register prints barbell labels (for some reason they can't be printed from the laptop) and the laptop prints the smaller labels. 

While it's annoying to run back and forth, what is good about it is that we don't have to change out the labels in the printer (look for the bright side).

Zebras are more $$$ but really are meant to be retail tool/work horses while DYMO is more for like home use I think... in the almost 6 years we'v been in business I wanna say we've gone through 6 DYMO printers that's how often they break.. 

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 3 of 5

Message 4 of 5
Square Champion

Hi @JTPets thanks for this insight, so with the shelf edge labels do you use the barcode to do stock takes and or picking online orders? Just trying to see how we can look to use this in our business 

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 5 of 5