x
Admin

Sellers and Makers: Let's Connect! ๐Ÿ™Œ

Updated July 2022: 
Hi, everyone! I'm excited to announce the launch of a new group for artists, makers, crafters, and anyone interested in selling handmade items. Check out the Artists and Makers group and click the Join Group Hub button if you want to join! Hope to see you there!

Are you a seller interested in hand-crafted items for your store or a creator selling your own handmade goods? Let's start a thread and build a network of merchants and makers. Reply and let us know about your business, your products, and what you're looking for. Feel free to share a link to your website or social, but please don't post any personal contact information! โ›”

kelly-sikkema-zcAgxLryKe4-unsplash.jpg

Photo by Kelly Sikkema on Unsplash

Elisabeth (she/they)
Join a Group to connect with other business owners like you!
Message 1 of 190
189 REPLIES 189

First-- when I opened up your website, I wasn't sure what you were selling. My first impression, was that it had opened to an internal page selling bead mixes, not finished jewelry. Put a heading and/or brief description where you have "Let me get uhhh" 

Second-- how is it "sustainable"? Recycled or up-cycled maybe, but there is a finite amount of old beadwork to render for parts, and at some point, just like with fossil fuels, it will be gone. Again, you need to say what you are selling-- "handcrafted, limited edition necklaces made from recycled beads" or something similar, and have that show when somebody clicks "shop". Don't make them need multiple clicks to find out.

Message 148 of 190

I love this idea! I would love it if you guys checked out my candle company called Philophobia.Candles which sells handmade soy candles based on modern-day love stories and comes with hand-written love letters and extras. If you have any questions or concerns just let me know or contact me through my website. Have a nice day and be sure to check Philophobia!

โค๏ธ

Message 149 of 190

Hi ElisabethB!,

Thank you for sharing!  I opened up an apparel store focusing on bringing investment back to my small town through one of our store highlights called "COLLABS for CAUSE".  Collabs for cause is a way to sell our apparel but benefit local causes while doing so.

The link to our website is www.elevation1470.com and our instagram is _Elevation1470_

Thanks for checking us out!

The Elevation 1470' Team

Elevation 1470'
Message 150 of 190

Hi! My name is Savannah and I am the owner of Emerald Butterfly LLC. I am also the full-time manager of a coffee shop. 

My Instagram is @emeraldbutterflyoddities and my website is www.emeraldbutterflycrystal.com 

I specialize in entomology, crystals and soon to be plant cuttings โค๏ธ 

Message 151 of 190

Hi Elizabeth!

I am brand new to Square. My business guides folks who have a family story about an ancestor and want to have the experience of working with an artist to develop that story into an heirloom painting that they can share with their family and friends for generations to come. artfamilyhistory.com  I am very excited to introduce my latest endeavor to the world.                    

Spoiler

Message 152 of 190

Hi - We've just gotten started with Square a few weeks ago - tweaking and building our inventory.  I can't really justifying upgrading yet from a free account (as much as I want some of the features) but we're a real live farm, making real farm products.  Mostly some pretty amazing Goat Milk Soap.  This obsession started with trying to find a solution to our youngest son's skin issues, and it just kind of grew from there.  We do lots of local shows/events and even bring our goats out with us!   We are always looking for stores (online/physical) to put our products in but figured a website was the next logical step.  We have some of our soaps in some local stores currently as we're growing.

Give us a peek and see some of our goats! (working on adding more goat pics soon)

https://thebubblygoatsoap.square.site/
https://www.facebook.com/flipflopfarmsc

Message 153 of 190

Hi Elisabeth, I started a FB page in april Dog Designs by Dulce to sell shadow boxes that I make with hopes of selling other items.  I am really having troubles building my page up mostly because I started Special Post Days and now no one is really interested in my items. My reach has went up  alot with these posts but need to get the sales going too.  Will check out your group and hope I can find some help.   https://www.facebook.com/layered3dlookalikeofyourpetanddoginspiredgifts

Message 154 of 190

hello new seller here.. check out my site and my work at www.numbmeplease.com

Message 155 of 190

Hi everyone, I just started using square and made the leap from Etsy. Iโ€™m excited to see a group for makers and artists here! I am a weaver and have been selling my work for almost three years. https://whiterabbitfiberarts.square.site/ is my new website. 

Message 156 of 190

Hello everyone!,

I started my small art shop April of 2022, I wish I had discovered square instead of going to etsy. I try to sell my stuff at a reasonable price and seems like etsy has so much fees. I make intricately designed earrings , charms and bookmarks.

I wanted my art to be seen by world and be enjoyed. If you are into cute and detailed stuff please do consider checking me out. 

https://www.kathnessart.shop/ 

Message 157 of 190
Square Champion

Love this! I sell shimmery body oils that are not tacky and made with ethically sourced mica! Would love to be part of the group. Browse inventory here BronzePalms.Faire.com (this link gets you $100 in credit toward my store!).

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Square Champion - Expert
instagram.com/bronzepalms
Message 158 of 190

Hello Everyone! I just made the switch from shopify to square!!! i wish i had of known about square before using shopify. their monthly subscription fee is pretty pricy for the starting small business. I have handmade & vegan cosmetic products and hope to grow to apparel and accessories this year. I just created my website and i am working to add more products daily. this weekend i will be retaking product pictures to allow for a more aesthetically pleasing site! give us a visit at bodybykbkosmetics.squre.site we also do custom orders which will be advertised very soon ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Message 159 of 190

Good Evening to all skilled crafters out there! I make quality luxury press-on nails, I've created my own acrylic color powders, and I have my own cuticle oil that promotes healthy nail growth! 

Feel free to check out my product site (Home | Vintage Beauty (square.site)) and SHOP TILL' YOU DROP ๐Ÿ™‚ 

You can also follow my social medias to view content!

Instagram Vintage Nails, LLC (@vintagenailsbyzee) โ€ข Instagram photos and videos

YouTube Vintage Nails by Zee - YouTube

Tik Tok https://www.tiktok.com/@vintagenailsbyzee?_t=8aSAzykDqCw&_r=1 

Message 160 of 190

Hello! I'm Sarah from Made By Mocha. I am a home-based crochet designer and maker in San Jose, CA, USA. I design and make all my items myself, and manage my business/marketing/photography/etc. on my own. Most of my items are amigurumi-style stuffed toys that are inspired by my children and family. All my toys are baby-safe (no safety eyes or small parts) and machine washable. I do well with sales at vendor fairs, but really struggle with online sales.

madebymochacrafts.com 

Sarah Valencia
Crochet Designer
Made By Mocha
Message 161 of 190

Great to be here thank you for posting this group. I am making all the items in my shop with lots of love. Follow me and Iโ€™ll follow back ๐Ÿ’• https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/PowerStonesJewelry 

Message 162 of 190
Beta Member

Hello all, 

Dunollie Museum, Castle & Grounds is an internationally recognized centre for Scottish culture and heritage and home of the World-Wide Clan MacDougall in Oban, Scotland. 

The MacDougall of Dunollie Preservation Trust (DPT) is a registered charity, founded in 1998, when Morag MacDougall, 31st Clan Chief of the Clan MacDougall entrusted part of her estate to the Board of Trustees. Today, the DPT looks after several listed buildings and monuments, including Dunollie Castle in Oban, Gylen Castle on Kerrera, as well as the 1745 House Museum, which was once part of the living quarters of Dunollie House. The Trust also cares for nationally important archives and a collection of more than 10,000 objects.

The DPT is operated by a Board of Trustees and employs 6 members of staff who do their upmost to keep the site running with the help of wonderful volunteers.

Right now, with our visitor attraction opened one of the best ways to support us to by purchasing handmade goods from our dedicated volunteers at Dunollie. The volunteers of Threads & Yarns was launched in the early days of Dunollie Museum, Castle & Grounds, not too long after the museum opened to the public. Their brief was to craft small items to sell in the onsite shop.

The Threads & Yarns group is a small group which meet every Tuesday afternoon at Dunollie Museum, Castle & Grounds, in Oban, as part of Dunollie's ongoing community engagement programme. They chat, share stories and skills, and do craft type activities and are made up of 6 dedicated ladies who craft what they lobe while sharing their skills and life with one another.

Visit their crafts in the link here: 

https://www.thedrapersshop.org/shop/threads-and-yarns/6 

Message 163 of 190
Beta Member

WOW! This is so incredibly fascinating. Thank you for sharing. The website looks great! 

Message 164 of 190

Hello! I'm Yamilett, I just launched my website a last week. I've always made things for others but finally decided to take the plunge and start selling online. While it's not getting the best feed back I'd hope it would, It drives me to keep pushing until it breaks through.

My Business is called Charmify Chic. I make handmade Tumbler handle charms, backpack charms, purse charms, and much more! www.charmifychic.com 

Message 165 of 190

Hi, we are Bill and Sharon, the proud owners of โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ Hass Soap Works โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ and makers of handmade soaps and personalized laser engraved gifts. Our soap-making journey started in 2019. In 2020, we took a leap and opened our online soap shop at www.HassSoapWorks.com. To cater to the growing demand for unique and meaningful gifts, we expanded our offerings in 2022 with custom laser engraved items. We have been using Square Online for 3 years.

Message 166 of 190

Website looks great.  Ready to order.  Sent you an email.

Thanks

Leslie - OP Taylor's

Message 167 of 190

Hi everyone. I make hand crochet dog scarfs, dog bandanas and a few other crochet items. I've been crocheting for many years and decided it's time to put my work out into the world.

https://crafty-patty-creations.square.site

Message 168 of 190