x
Admin

Sellers and Makers: Let's Connect! ๐Ÿ™Œ

Updated July 2022: 
Hi, everyone! I'm excited to announce the launch of a new group for artists, makers, crafters, and anyone interested in selling handmade items. Check out the Artists and Makers group and click the Join Group Hub button if you want to join! Hope to see you there!

Are you a seller interested in hand-crafted items for your store or a creator selling your own handmade goods? Let's start a thread and build a network of merchants and makers. Reply and let us know about your business, your products, and what you're looking for. Feel free to share a link to your website or social, but please don't post any personal contact information! โ›”

kelly-sikkema-zcAgxLryKe4-unsplash.jpg

Photo by Kelly Sikkema on Unsplash

Elisabeth (she/they)
Join a Group to connect with other business owners like you!
Message 1 of 190
189 REPLIES 189

Hi everyone,

We are Seaside Stones and we specialize in cabochons (cut and polished stones), jewelry we make with our cabochons, and cool rocks. We just finished our tenth gem and mineral show of the year - we do shows from Maine, where we live, to Tucson. We also sell online, mostly through Facebook live shows and groups, and our website. We also have a seasonal rock shop but are phasing that part of the business out. Since we are phasing out the brick and mortar side of our business, we are looking for small businesses that want to carry our jewelry. Find us at www.seasidestones.com and Seaside Stones | Facebook.

Theresa

Cheers, Theresa
Message 106 of 190
Beta Member

Hello, how is everyone doing?  Hope you are all doing well. If anyone is interested in some little resin trinket boxes, or wood jewerly boxes or spinning picture frames,, pillows, and flower arrangements, and I have just started tumblers and keychains. Please contact me, I would love to work with other small business. Either making signs or poster or what ever you may need for your business, or if you sell products that I can use to make my design then we can collaborate. 

Message 107 of 190

Whimsy Point's handcrafted gift items.

Doing business as Whimsy Point, I design, make, and sell a variety of handcrafted items. My main products include magnets, coasters, paper-bead bracelets, and hair accessories, as well as a few home decor, and seasonal items. Basically, whatever I enjoy creating. My handmade gift items are sold primarily at local (Kentucky, USA) vendor events, although I do sell some easy-to-ship products online. 

Although I do make and sell a few crafts from patterns (when selling the final product is explicitly stated as allowed), the Art Magnets feature my artwork, and most of my products are created using my own processes and incorporate my original designs. 

https://www.whimsypoint.com
https://www.facebook.com/whimsypoint 
https://www.instagram.com/whimsypoint

Message 108 of 190

My name is Joshua Berins. My company is JDB Creations by Joshua.
I make and sell Handcrafted Jewelry from Fine Silver Metal Clay and

Fused/Dichroic Glass and some Wire Wrapping which I am phasing out

I sell mostly at Craft Fairs and Farmerโ€™s Markets as well as online.
My website is
http://www.jdbcreationsbyjoshua.com

Message 109 of 190

Hi Elisabeth 

my name is Paula. I have been making hand crafted treasures for decades and showing at art fairs and now in a vendor marketplace store. I keep getting requests for my website and I donโ€™t have one yet. So I thought I would investigate more with Square, since I have already been using the service to increase my sales now for years. 
wondering if there are great experiences from others of establishing a website to sell from. Any chance of getting shipping prices reductions? And also wondering if there is an interaction where the customer can manually enter their own credit card information so that I donโ€™t have access to that information..   looking to learn a lot more here on square to level up my business. 
thanks for any and all help. 
Paula 

Message 110 of 190
Admin

Welcome to the group, @PresentsbyPaula! Square has a number of options that might work for you - have you looked into Online Checkout links? That could be a good place to start if you're not quite ready for a full website. If you are ready to start building a website, you could try Square Online, which has a free plan. There's also a ton of great information from other group members in this thread about selling online. Hope that's helpful! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Elisabeth (she/they)
Join a Group to connect with other business owners like you!
Message 111 of 190

Hello,

Handmade jewelry maker here. I use many different items to create unique jewelry pieces. Some upcycling and recycling of certain materials all pieces are handmade by me. I use fabric, wood, paper and various other things I can think of to turn into jewelry. 

I'm also very new to the website portion of square so I've got some learning yet to do. 

I look forward to meeting you all, you can find me on FB: @Puddinschicstudio

Have an awesome day! 

Message 112 of 190

Hi Paula,

I am a very new user of this service however I do love the website that I created with squareup.com. it suits my needs perfectly it's concise and easy to maneuver,. One drawback that I saw is that the shipping is all flat rate that's offered through square. My items that I sell weigh less than 6 oz so flat rate is very expensive for me. However I do create my postage with pirate.com. strange name for shipping company, but they get discounted rates from usps.  I send through first class, but they offer a variety of ways and I believe they also offer UPS. One nice thing about United States postal service, is pirate has a link to their pickup. I have my items picked up from my home and mailed out that way. Very much cuts down the delay of getting to the post office in mailing them myself. So check them out and see if they will be a better fit with your postal needs. Let me know what you think if you don't mind. I hope this works for you.

Message 113 of 190

I've had a Square Up site since they started-- it was "Square Market" then, you got a free dongle, no transaction fee, and it allowed you to set whatever shipping costs you wanted, or include them in your pricing. After a couple rounds of editing all my items' shipping, due to changes at USPS in prices, and sizes of PM boxes, I just made them all "shipping included". When I do in-person selling, I "discount" the items the amount shipping would be.

1st Class is now almost as much as a small PM box was "in the old days", and the weight allowed is only about a third of what it was. The small PM box is smaller now, and shipping it costs twice what it did, so that's no longer the good deal (shipping + insurance + delivery notices) it was.

Didn't see anything on the Pirate dot com website about being a shipping service-- what came up for me, was about getting a studio through them, music bookings, etc.

Kaytee
I make stuff, or I get sad.
www.simplexities.com, www.facebook.com/simplexities
Message 114 of 190

Kaytee,

The shipping site is https://www.pirateship.com 

I have been using it for several years.  They now also include UPS shipping.

You can easily print the shipping labels and then drop the packages off at UPS or USPS.

Hank Sautter
https://sautter.photography
Message 115 of 190

Hi Elisabeth,

It's 'Rene' from Uptownscarves.com

I design and create luxurious cowl-length infinity scarves for the  discriminating woman who wants one-of-kind  fashion accessories.  I use upgraded fabrics, and each scarf is its own unique design.  I sew couture seams, and finishes.  And as a thank-you gift, with each scarf order, I include a lovely hand-made embroidered satin dust bag.

Message 116 of 190
Beta Member

Hi Elisabeth,

I'm Tanita and I sell handmade candles and soaps. I just began my business in March of this year and I still have a long way to go. My company name is (KAA) - Khp-Ra Ancestral Ankhverse, www.kaaverse13.com

Message 117 of 190

Hi, I'm Sheila, owner of Lavender Heart Treasures, turning my hobby into a small business in Virginia. I make polymer clay jewelry, keychains, magnets, accessories and sculptures. I have a free Square website, starting Facebook and Instagram. I'm not great in the social media so trying to think of something to post in Facebook and Instagram is kind of intimidating. I do have items for sale in two local gift shops and have done a vendor show this spring. It was pretty windy so will have to figure a way so jewelry doesn't flly away! My link tree which includes web site and socials is https://linktr.ee/lavenderhearttreasures. Any advice is welcome!

Message 118 of 190
Beta Member

What a great idea! I'm Carrie and I own an e-commerce shop called The Gilded Bubble. I sell handcrafted artisan soap with a touch of whimsy. My soap is all small batch, sustainable, and vegan (except for my honey soaps). But I love a little flair โ€“ the gilding, if you will โ€” so I create unique, colorful designs with fun fragrances. My bestsellers are:

• The Peach Pit - peach scented with apricot seed for exfoliating
  • The Green Stuff - cucumber, lime & basil scented with added aloe
  • The Kitty Collection - a variety of cute cat-themed soaps, including Party Kitty, Calico Kitty, and Tuxedo Kitty.

soap on white background green soap on white background soap featuring gray cat on confetti background

Message 119 of 190
Square Champion

I love the fun names of your items! Brilliant! Love this! 

Message 120 of 190

Hi Elizabeth,

I like your idea.

I am pretty new to sqaure.online

I'm Appelles  from The Crafters Agency.  I'm based in Nairobi, Kenya in East Africa and I crochet apparel and accessories. Design and make jewelry and  make artisan soap  using Raw shea butter, coconut oil, olive oil and castor oil.

Message 121 of 190
Beta Member

Hi I'm Stephanie, 

My business is HamrickCC and I customize stainless steel tumblers and make keychains.Im trying to build up my sales so that I am able to purchase new equipment to expand and make other items.

https://www.facebook.com/HamrickCC/

Message 122 of 190
Beta Member

I trade both online and at markets and sell both resale items (including from local - to me - artists) and items I design and make myself. My website is HTTPS://www.froginthecraft.com for my business The Frog in the Craft 

Message 123 of 190

I'm Khe and I'm a fairly new business owner. A few hardships in life and making sacrifices led me to my purpose. I'm a single mother with 2 children on the autism spectrum. I knew I wanted to stay home with my babies to.make sure they were getting the correct care and therapies. I also I knew I needed to work to survive and care for them. After talking with God and digging deep within to find my true calling and purpose, I finally got it. I need to help mothers with children like myself or just people in general overcome hardships, by providing them the resources they need to live a better life starting from within. Soon the vision for my boutique came about, to be able to fund this mission and pass something down to my children. 

About Our Brand 

Soulfully Empowered T-Shirt Boutique & More is a one of a kind handmade apparel, natural self-care & mindfulness boutique.

Here we not only provide inspiration through beautiful quality handmade graphic t-shirts, but also through our natural self-care products and healing tools.

The items we create will accentuate, uplift and elevate you during your self- care rituals, personal relaxation/healing routines, and also during your moments of meditation. Our stylish t-shirts will make you feel empowered.

Whether inside your home or out in nature, we aim to help you raise your vibrational energy all while being luxuriously surrounded by the elements needed to bring joyful peace, harmony, and complete self-awareness.

We Also Specialize In Custom T-Shirt Designs As Bulk Orders For Businesses/Events Such As Graduations, Reunions, Weddings, Vacations And More!

Message 124 of 190

To add, in my boutique I have a goal to support other small handmade businesses. I create personalized gift boxes(bags and baskets), outside from my graphic tees. I like to include things such as natural and organic soap bars, bath bombs, soaks, butters and scrubs, aromatherapy candles, scarves, jewelry, journals, pens and etc. So if anyone has anything to offer on the wholesale side I'd love to support. 

Also, I offer bulk order discounts for boutique/shop owners wanting to add graphic tees to their inventory. Email- [redacted for seller privacy]  for inquiries.

Message 125 of 190

Hello, my name is Lakia and we're based in California! We offer our inspirational candles at wholesale for gift baskets, boutiques and etc. Feel free to check us out at www.1133candles.com 

Message 126 of 190