x

Feature Request - Show items "not for sale" in Square Online

We have some products we are not permitted to sell online - only in our brick and mortar store. But I would like to surface these products in the online store (so they'd show up in categories and via search) with correct inventory levels and variations shown. On the item page, users would be told to call the physical store to purchase. The items could not be added to a cart. 

Message 1 of 12
2 Best Answers
Beta Member

Best Answer

The way we did it in the past was to set up each item for "In-store Pick up only" . You can find that option available on every item you list online in the Shipping/Fulfillment section where you also put in the box size and weight for each item.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

I will be passing this feedback over to our product team for their visibility and consideration when working on upcoming updates @purplebutterfly

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Beta Member

This would be incredibly helpful for us as well. We sell aquarium fish, so all our equipment etc can be purchased online but our livestock canโ€™t. We often have customers phone in asking what we have and to be able to display online would be an ideal solution. 

Claire (reef-passion.co.uk)

Claire
reef-passion.co.uk
Message 2 of 12
Square Champion

I can think of a few use cases for this. Having a toggle directly within Square Online would save us from some messy workarounds. I'm interested to see if this gets adopted into the feature set.

Mindi Rogers Green [she/they]
Managing Partner

Jupiter Games - Friendly Local Game Store & Event Center
A place for all who โค๏ธ games, specializing in board & card games, roleplaying books & miniatures, tabletop wargaming models, paints & hobby tools, dice, and more!

https://JupiterGames.Shop
Message 3 of 12
Beta Member

Best Answer

The way we did it in the past was to set up each item for "In-store Pick up only" . You can find that option available on every item you list online in the Shipping/Fulfillment section where you also put in the box size and weight for each item.

Message 4 of 12

Our vendor wonโ€™t allow online purchase of items. So itโ€™s not about in-store fulfillment. Itโ€™s that the actual transaction must occur via physical store. So we need a way to surface product and inventory online but stop short of adding to a shopping cart and checking out. Iโ€™ve seen a Shopify store doing just this with the brand I deal with. 

Message 5 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

I will be passing this feedback over to our product team for their visibility and consideration when working on upcoming updates @purplebutterfly

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 12

If you keep your online inventory to zero it should show up on the search but no one will be able to buy it. You can mention in the description that the item is available only to be purchased in store.

This is a workaround till they setup your requested feature

Hope this helps.

Message 7 of 12

Thanks for the suggestion but it misses the requirements. Consumers want to know which items and which sizes we have in stock so I want my actual inventory exposed online and synced with real inventory. I just want to stop short of an online sale. 

Message 8 of 12
Beta Member

Has square fixed this problem yet it has been several yearsโ€ฆโ€ฆ

Message 9 of 12
Admin

Thanks for posting @Melvins

This feature is not yet available for Square Online. Unfortunately I don't have any updates or a timeline to provide, but we'll make sure to let you know either on this thread if it is released. 

Thank you for your patience.

Message 10 of 12
Beta Member

We are in the same case as you! I hope this feature is added.

Message 11 of 12

This is exactly what I'm looking for also! I need to display classes that I have at certain venues, but those venues only want payment through them and not me. But I still want tp advertise and show those classes without collecting payment.

Message 12 of 12