x

Request: Employee permission to issue refunds to gift cards only

Hello! I'd like to request another line in employee permissions to only allow employees to issue refunds on to gift cards and not to issue refunds via original payment.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Thank you @rire! I've added your post to the Feature Request board. Is there a particular reason that you're making this request? Any additional information about your business will help the Point of Sale team to put your request in context! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 2 of 5

Thanks, @Helen! I appreciate the help and response.

I have a retail store and we only issue a store credit or offer exchanges. There have been multiple times my employees will issue a refund by accident, forgetting to slide the gift card. 

After I catch it most times I've been lucky that the customer will pay what was refunded via invoice. Since my employees work alone it's not practical to turn off Refunds on employee permissions. I'm assuming turning that off will also prevent giving back store credit?

As for other businesses I can see it as another permission that would be allowed depending on the employees level:

- Sales associate: process store credit only

- Store Manager: process store credit and process refunds

Thanks!

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Thanks @rire! You're right, without the refund permission your employees wouldn't be able to process a refund to a gift card to issue store credit. Thanks for clarifying though, I think this makes a lot of sense and would help a lot of businesses who offer store credit only and want refunds to be a manager/owner permission.

We'll keep you updated on this request here in the Community!  

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 4 of 5

@Helen  Thank you so much! I hope it gets added!

Message 5 of 5