x

email notification on payment - stopped working - URGENT

My Email notification on each payment has stopped working despite being activated. Previously it used to work and stopped working since 17 Nov 2022. 

I am able to receive the Daily Sales Summary on the same email, so I don't think my email is a problem. 

I have reached out to square support but no solution yet. 

Any advice please?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Dhammasara,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear about the trouble with your email notifications. Sometimes email providers filter out our emails as spam, and this tends to happen most frequently with emails hosted on custom domains, and also with frequent emails that it mistakes for spam. You can add Square's email address noreply@messaging.squareup.com, to your address book to whitelist all emails we send you. 

Please let us know how you go once you've added noreply@messaging.squareup.com to your email address book, or whitelist it via your email provider. 

Message 2 of 9

HI Arie, 

Thanks for your reply. I have added these 3 addresses to my whitelist (gmail) and it hasn't worked. I got a transaction payment today, but no email notification. See attached Filter below. 

However, I am still receiving Daily Sales Summary from the same Square email (noreply@messaging.squareup.com) with no problems. I am not sure why the transactional (payment) email doesn't come through starting 17 Nov. Prior to 17 Nov, I was able to receive it. 

Please help. 

Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 2.57.00 pm.png

Message 3 of 9

Hey there @Dhammasara,

Just jumping in for @Arie here while they're out of the office!

This is certainly a puzzling situation! Can I confirm whether you are the current owner of the Square Account, or have you been added as a Team Member on the account?

We'll keep a lookout for your reply here.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 9

Hi Laurie, 

I am Authorized Representative and had been able to verify the code with Square Support. 

My IT email administrator confirmed that there is nothing wrong with my email and it hadn't block any emails from Square. 

Message 5 of 9

Yes, I also a Team Member

Message 6 of 9

Thanks for confirming, @Dhammasara!

The reason I'm asking is that email notifications are automatically sent to any Team Member with Full Access permissions. If you're currently using a Team Permission set with limited access, or your permission set has been updated recently, this is likely impacting your ability to receive these notifications.

Additionally, if you do have Full Access permissions, you will be able to review your current email notification preferences from your online Square Dashboard and update these as required.

Let me know if this helps to answer your questions!

Laurie
Message 7 of 9

Dear Laurie,

I just checked - besides me, another Team Member with full access is also not receiving email notification, despite our settings is set to receive email notification upon any transaction. 

In summary, our Team Members with full access permissions Cannot receive email notification but the Owner is able to receive. 

please help ..

Message 8 of 9

Thanks for checking these settings, @Dhammasara!

Outside of reviewing these settings and permissions, the fastest way to resolve this is to reach back out to our Support Team so they can troubleshoot this matter further. If required, they can escalate your case to our engineering team to assess whether there is a backend issue preventing these emails from being sent and received.

You can call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon - Fri, 9 am - 5 pm Melbourne time), or contact us via online chat or email. See the below steps.

1. Sign in to your Square account

2. Head to our contact page https://squ.re/3AWfZs2

3. Go to "Other", then "I don't see my issue"

4. Click "Message us", "Email us" or "Call Us"

Or, if you see the new chatbot help flow, type โ€œsupportโ€ to bring up a list of contact methods.

Laurie
Message 9 of 9