x

take a 50% deposit in person?

Can I put together a sale, take a 50% deposit on that sale with a credit card in hand and then invoice later the remaining amount?  If so,  how do I?

*@

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

So this is not something I have tried so you will have to let us know if it works.  Ring your sale, attached your customer, Click charge and select Invoice.  Set your Deposit amount and finish the transaction.  Then and here is where I think you can do this, go to menu, invoices, find your invoice and make a payment.  I don't know if you can make the deposit payment this way or if it will do the balance or if it will try to do the whole thing.

Message 2 of 6

There seems to be no way to do this yet, have you found out otherwise?

Message 3 of 6

Hello @srsut83 & @sbwolfefarms

Currently we only offer deposits on Square Invoices. You could create an Invoice on your Point of Sale app while your customers physically present, but there isn't away to process the deposit through a card reader. 

Message 4 of 6

Yeah really suggesting you look into it on your next update. Would make the feature better. Currently I have to use a seperate invoicing app to provide a receipt for a downpayment/deposit. Would love it to be in one app

Message 5 of 6

@srsut83 I agree with you. 

I know it would be a game changer for rental businesses. I'll make sure to share your feedback with the Point of Sale Team. 🙂

Message 6 of 6