x

schedule pages for website

Hi All, is there a way to schedule in pages, so in essence create a new Home page now, but set it to publish on a particular date? I cannot see how to do this, and unsure if any of the upgrades allow this either? 

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey @scruffandco, thanks for your post, and congrats on your first post here with us on the Community! 

So at the moment, there isn't a way to schedule a publish date/time for a specific website page. I think it's a cool idea though! I'll pass the idea on to our team for better visibility. 

As a workaround, you could create a landing page (also known as a splash page), which is a simple page on your website that typically has no navigation menu and includes an option to sign up for a newsletter. This can be a useful way to advertise that your site is coming soon and prompt visitors to learn more. To set this up:

1. In your Square Online site editor, select +Add > Page.
  2. Choose the blank page option.
  3. Select +Add > Section to add an optional email newsletter section. Customize your page as needed with any other sections.
  4. Select your site’s navigation menu and toggle off options such as Navigation and Icons in the editing panel. You can do the same with your site’s footer. This is to make sure visitors can’t view any other pages you don’t want them to see yet.
  5. Make your landing page your homepage in the editing panel by selecting the gear icon. You can also delete all other pages you don’t need.
  6. Publish your site to see the changes live.

With your landing page published, you can continue creating your website in the site editor and only publish it again once it’s fully built.

Hope this helps! 

Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content