x

schedule pages for website

Hi All, is there a way to schedule in pages, so in essence create a new Home page now, but set it to publish on a particular date? I cannot see how to do this, and unsure if any of the upgrades allow this either? 

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey @scruffandco, thanks for your post, and congrats on your first post here with us on the Community! 

So at the moment, there isn't a way to schedule a publish date/time for a specific website page. I think it's a cool idea though! I'll pass the idea on to our team for better visibility. 

As a workaround, you could create a landing page (also known as a splash page), which is a simple page on your website that typically has no navigation menu and includes an option to sign up for a newsletter. This can be a useful way to advertise that your site is coming soon and prompt visitors to learn more. To set this up:

1. In your Square Online site editor, select +Add > Page.
  2. Choose the blank page option.
  3. Select +Add > Section to add an optional email newsletter section. Customize your page as needed with any other sections.
  4. Select your siteโ€™s navigation menu and toggle off options such as Navigation and Icons in the editing panel. You can do the same with your siteโ€™s footer. This is to make sure visitors canโ€™t view any other pages you donโ€™t want them to see yet.
  5. Make your landing page your homepage in the editing panel by selecting the gear icon. You can also delete all other pages you donโ€™t need.
  6. Publish your site to see the changes live.

With your landing page published, you can continue creating your website in the site editor and only publish it again once itโ€™s fully built.

Hope this helps! 

Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content