x

What is the best way to set meat options on a taco

So we have been up and running for about a week but and things are working out but not sure if I programmed everything correctly.  We are running a Food Truck and sell taco and burritos.  I have setup my meats as variations with different prices, then the individual ingredients as an exclusions modifier, and then type of salsa as the last modifier. It has seemed to work fine on the Square Terminal but now I am trying to program a register and when I pick taco it auto populates with the first meat variation and moves on to modifier.  You have to click back on the meat it selected to open up the variations and choose a different meat.  Would you have your meat selection setup as a modifier instead of an option/variation?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Champion

@JCarrow Check at the bottom of your item page and make sure you don't have it set to automatically add item to check.  If this is set to on, it will pick the first modifier.

I have my taco tuesday set up like this and it works fine.  You can also set up the item and the meats as modifiers.  You would set up the base price for the protein say ground beef and then shredded beef might be +1.00.  

Are you using the point of sale app or the square for restaurants app?

Donnie-M

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Champion
Breaker of Things

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 4

We have been using the sales app on the terminal and it has been working fine.  Select Taco then it prompts you for the meat variation.  But I was trying to switch over to the Restaurant OS as we just bought a Square Register but it does not auto open the variations on the Restaurant OS.  Wondering is I should just reload the Register as Sales OS.  Is running Restaurants OS needed on the truck?

Message 3 of 4
Square Champion

You can use either.  If you are used to the point of sale version they will both work.  The restaurant app is a little more tailored to sit down but will work for any set up also.  I am pretty sure the snag is the automatically add item to check flag.  When you create an item it is all the way at the bottom.  Check that first.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Champion
Breaker of Things

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 4 of 4