x

How do I create items in register ap that have multiple independently customizable choices.

Hi all,

I have a menu category that allows my customers to select 2 items from the other categories (in any combination) and customize each item independently (e.g., 1/2 sandwich and 1/2 salad).

Cannot figure out a clean way to do this and would appreciate any input/suggestions.

Thanks,

Sandy L.

Tucson, AZ

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @TheFixAZ, thanks for surfacing.

While our Item Library might not work perfectly with your current menu setup, have you had a chance to look at RCT's response in this thread? They sell photography, but their strategy might be applicable to your menu.

If these suggestions don't get at what you're needing to do, please let us know and we'll have another look.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 6

I need the same, is there a solution to this?

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey @clkirk,

Thanks for writing back in to the community 👋

Have you had a chance to take a look at this thread yet? It would also be great if you could let us know a bit more about how you'd ideally set this up in your business, the items you sell, so we can tailor our advice a bit better! 

Looking forward to hearing more from you 🙂 

Message 4 of 6

I posted details in the food and beverage forum.

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Food-and-Beverage/Menu-setup-help-needed/td-p/313854

I dont think square POS or Square Restaurant can do what is needed. I am so surprised that there hasn't been more questions.

I need a customer to be able to select a main entree served either as a sandwich, platter (one side) or dinner (2 sides).

I need the inventory for the entree item to be accounted for whether it is any of these three choices. Modifiers do not effect inventory and variations treat them as separate items.

so if my entree is a Bratwurst and that is my item and I set a modifier for sandwich, Platter or dinner. All is great but now i would need to add the sides. I also listed these as modifiers - but there is no inventory control.

If you do every thing as individual items you get to control inventory counts but there is multiple guests on a ticket there is no way to know what gets plated together. I am a food truck and everything is "to Go". it way work differently of you were assigning orders to seats at a table.

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for sharing this additional detail, @clkirk, I had a look at your post in the food and beverage forum. You're right, so this wouldn't be something you can do via modifiers, at the moment. Would variations be a workaround you'd consider at all?

I agree with you, it would be super helpful if we had a way to make listing items that are part of a menu, or set, and I'll be sure to highlight this with our product team, too. 

Message 6 of 6