x

Trying to download the new Appointments app for Android but I can't sign in?

Hi 

I've been using Square for cc processing....
 trying to download the new appointments for Android app but it will not allow me to sign in as an already existing user it's only allowing new sign up can you help me figure out a way around this?
Thank you
Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Than you @RobP! The Appointments team is still working on this and it's looking like the fix will be available in the next version of the Appointments app (version 5.8). You should see an update in the Google Play Store in the next week or so. We'll post an update here when we can confirm this has been fully resolved.

I really appreciate your patience in the meantime!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Square Champion

I don't have an android device but the app should be similar to the apple app and there should be a place you can choose sign in vs sign up.

Message 2 of 12
Admin

@Melihovers Helen here from the Community team. Could you provide a screenshot or picture of the screen you're seeing? Can you also let me know if you might have updated your phone's settings to increase the font size or make the screen display bigger? Our Appoingmetns engineers can investigate! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 3 of 12

I'm not exactly sure how you want screenshot attached, but links beow to opening screen and Get Started screenshot - which is the only option I have after I 'LEARN MORE' (x 5 following intro screens)  from the front screen...everything else loops back to screen 1.

Galazy S7, no screen customization in particular.  Square POS works just fine on the device. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zKjb5vJbaVnuzmMwPeLzS888-mm0cCao

Thank you for your help. If you have trouble view the screenshots, let me know another away to share them with you.

Best,

Rob

Rob

Message 4 of 12
Admin

Thank you so much @RobP! I had to remove one of your links because it showed a part of your email address.

I really appreciate your help with this, I'll report back as soon as I have an update from the Appointments team. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 5 of 12

i want to upload a screenshot but I don't see that option. I'm having the same issue with 2 step authentication.

Message 6 of 12
Admin

Thanks for checking in here, @piporg, and sorry for the trouble. It sounds like you might be encountering a slightly different issue, which we're tracking here: Appointments on Android: 2-Step Verification authentication app not supported. Does that illustrate what you're seeing?

We're actively working to get both of these issues resolved as soon as possible. Keep watch for updates and please don't hesitate to let us know if anything else comes up.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 7 of 12

yup! that's it! I'll stay tuned.

Message 8 of 12
Admin

Got it—if you'd like to get auto-updates on either of these topics, feel free to subscribe to the thread. Again, appreciate your patience. 🙏

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 9 of 12
Admin

Hi again @RobP. I have one more question for you - could you let us know what font size is set for your phone? (It's probably a default setting if you haven't made any adjustments but it'd really help our Appointments team if you could check!) If you go to your phone's settings and search “font" or "font size” it should pop up. You might see Font - Medium (or Small/Large).

Thanks again!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 10 of 12

there are 7 slider notches on the font size slider, and it is in the 5th spot, one up from the middle.  

Message 11 of 12
Admin

Best Answer

Than you @RobP! The Appointments team is still working on this and it's looking like the fix will be available in the next version of the Appointments app (version 5.8). You should see an update in the Google Play Store in the next week or so. We'll post an update here when we can confirm this has been fully resolved.

I really appreciate your patience in the meantime!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 12 of 12