x

Tracking items in a sandwich for inventory

How do i keep inventory on my items for a sandwich. Where do i add what should be deducted from inventory for said sandwich> Ham and cheese Sandwich. 

-2 sliced Bread

-1 Slice Cheese

-3 slices meat

-.10 tomato

-.25 oz mustard

How can this be done with your restaurant pos system. Not sure why you would offer this service if it isnt an option> hoping i didnt waste almos 1000.00 for a system that doesnt even have the basics of an POS system for restaurants

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

@CrepeEscape2022 ,

I use the Square for Retail software and also manufacture our own candles, Squares POS is just that a software system that tracks items at the Point of Sale and not all the items that go into making the item being sold.  To track the inventory for items that go into making an item you would need an accounting software package or an inventory manufacturing package to do this.  I use QuickBooks to track my 'Build Assemblies' as they call it.  There might be other options available for this too.   You may want to check the Square for Restaurants board to see if any other restaurants have work arounds for this.

Link here:

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Square-for-Restaurants/bd-p/Food-Discussions 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 2