x

Square thinks I am American,

I am British and tried to set up a Square account.  I must have pressed the wrong option and it thinks I am American.  I'm now stuck.  I tried deleting the app and rejoining but it recognises me and I cannot edit.  Help!

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @MaggieMc, thank you for your message and welcome to the Community 👋.

It sounds like you created a Square account from the US Square website.

Once you've created your Square account, we are not able to edit the country associated with the account on our end. You will have to create a new UK account. I know that this suggestion can feel extreme, but we're happy to help you through the process.

To start creating your new account, head to squareup.com/gb/en, click on Get Started then follow the prompts. Make sure to select United Kingdom as your locale. You can find more information on signing up for Square on our Support Centre

Screenshot 2024-01-12 10.36.43 AM.png

If you want to use the email address linked to your existing account, we can delete it on our end. We will also be able to delete your previous account. 

We'll have to verify some security questions over the phone first, so give us a call on 0800 098 8008. Our Support team is available between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Lou
Community Moderator, Square

Applications to the Square Champions program are open! Apply here before October 14th!

Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content