x

Square Invoices: manual entry of payment and email receipts

When I manually enter a payment by check to an invoice, does the customer automatically get an email receipt, or do I have to go back and send one to them? 

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for surfacing, @shardyer!

Yep, your customer will get an email notification with the receipt details automatically as soon as you mark an invoice as paid by cash or check. The subject line will read as "You paid an invoice!" followed by the invoice ID. No need to send anything manually. 🙂

Hope this clears things up. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for surfacing, @shardyer!

Yep, your customer will get an email notification with the receipt details automatically as soon as you mark an invoice as paid by cash or check. The subject line will read as "You paid an invoice!" followed by the invoice ID. No need to send anything manually. 🙂

Hope this clears things up. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 6

Customer says she did not get a receipt when I posted her cash payment how do I send her a receipt 

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Hey @Honeys! I'm assuming you tracked the cash transaction through your POS, yes? If that's the case, you'll want to locate that transaction from your transaction list, click into it, select New Receipt, and enter in the customer's email address or phone number depending on how they want to receive the receipt.

Come on back with any other questions you have!

nika
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

Good morning,

Customer paid via invoice online, requires a receipt that states "receipt" not "invoice" due to regulations.

Message 5 of 6

Can you print a credit card auth for tipping on a manual entry order?

Message 6 of 6