x

Site isn't showing up on Google with Visible to Search Engines On

Hello!

I created my Square site in August/September.  I have Visible to Search Engines toggled On and I have my brand name in every item description.  When I google my brand, my website does not come up.  Only my old etsy shows up which is frustrating because the whole reason I created a site with Square is to try to get away from Etsy. 

What can I do to make my Square site show up when you google my brand name?

Best,

Danielle

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

HI, can you please share your website URL?  In Google for DLDesigns I was able to see a few.  

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 5

Hi Terri,

it is dannilockedesigns.square.site

when I google Danni Locke Designs you get my etsy and maybe instagram but not the square site.

i went ahead and did the google verification by adding the google meta tag code into the square settings and it still isnt showing up 😞

Message 3 of 5

HI, thank you for the site and information.  Your Etsy store is still active so it will still be indexed and displayed as searched.  It has been indexed for the life of your store.

How recent is your Square store?  Indexing your site on Google is not instant.  

Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 7.46.23 PM.png

Square Support page

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6957-add-custom-tracking-code-to-your-website

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 5

Hi Terri,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am hesitant to take down my Etsy store since Etsy is a household name and I am just getting started and clearly having trouble getting my square site searchable.  While I am trying to get away from Etsy (the fees and other bothers, ugh!), if someone remembers my name and looks me up I'd rather them find my Etsy than nothing for the time being.

I started my square site in September I believe.  I just did the google verification meta code thing yesterday.  I guess I have to wait a few days before it takes? Man I hope it doesn't take 6 months!  I read that it can take a long time for Google to "find" your site to start listing it but since I pasted the meta code in my site's header through square, basically telling it that my site exists, I'm hoping that it starts showing up on Google quite soon. 

First I need my site to show up.  Then I need a crash course on being found and advertising and such!

Message 5 of 5